Program Associate - New Partner Support
GlobalGiving, the first and largest global crowdfunding community for nonprofits, is looking for a Program Associate who is passionate about making the world a better place. You'll be part of a team focused on recruiting and supporting prospective community-led nonprofit partners; supporting the development of marketing tools and training content; and implementing improvements in our strategy to maximize goals related to nonprofit partner acquisition.
From crafting email campaigns and marketing collateral, to leading virtual training programs with hundreds of participants, the Program Associate takes the lead in reaching prospective nonprofit partners and helping them become part of the GlobalGiving community. GlobalGiving seeks a candidate who is an effective communicator, strategic thinker, and tireless innovator who can help us reach aggressive targets and provide ever-greater support to the nonprofits we serve.
- Creatively lead GlobalGiving's efforts to attract new community-led nonprofit partners, iterating on previous strategies and thoughtfully testing new ideas and approaches.
- Coordinate marketing efforts to reach new potential nonprofit partners, in collaboration with GlobalGiving's marketing and technology teams.
- Follow-up with potential partners en masse over email and individually as needed to help them understand the onboarding process and successfully join the GlobalGiving community.
- Provide 1-on-1 consultations and quarterly webinars for potential nonprofit partners.
- Support the communications, training, and community building for new partners joining GlobalGiving through the GlobalGiving Accelerator.
- Provide back-office communications support as well as content development for field staff conducting in-person workshops around the world.
- Assist GlobalGiving's community engagement team with project approvals and nonprofit and donor support as needed.
- Represent GlobalGiving at workshops and external events.
- Carry out additional tasks in support of GlobalGiving's mission and in support of our nonprofit partners as required.
- 0-3 years experience in marketing, sales, communications, international development, or related field.
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal and communications skills, particularly cross-cultural and web-based.
- Experience in or an affinity for building communities, either in person or online.
- Comfort working within and improving systems; strong operational orientation.
- Comfort with technology as a power user and as a contributor to improvements in design and usability of web-based user interfaces.
- Excellent organizational skills, creativity, and flexibility; ability to multi-task under a deadline, with great productivity and attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong alignment with and commitment to living GlobalGiving's core values.
- Familiarity with sales funnels, email marketing, online fundraising / crowdfunding, constituent relations, and community organizing.
- Knowledge of a foreign language.
- Familiarity with Mailchimp or similar email marketing tools
- International experience, preferably in developing countries.
Salary range: $40k-$50k. Benefits include flexible work hours, a family-friendly culture, opportunities to telecommute, a convenient downtown DC location, and a meaningful job where you can go home at night and say, "Today, my work helped rescue 97 girls from bonded labor in Nepal." (One of many true stories.) And don't worry - we've also got the usual benefits like health care, dental / vision, commuter benefits, 401K, and paid vacation.
This position is based in our Washington DC office and reports to our Director of Programs.
Apply for this job
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top