GlobalGiving Fellowship- Marketing & Communications
GlobalGiving is seeking applicants to our Fellows Program to help further our mission and ambitious growth plans. Fellows will have a unique opportunity to learn how a thriving, international NGO operates. As a fellow, you will get hands-on, practical experience with the nuts and bolts of our operations and ample opportunities to explore the broader field of development. The program is a highly selective, full-time service year that will challenge and inspire you, but also require hard work and dedication. You will have the opportunity to explore various areas that interest you, so you can capitalize on your experience. You’ll be a vital contributor to our team, not getting coffee or filing papers all day long. In return, we offer a $28,000 stipend, health insurance, professional development funding, tons of learning opportunities, ample delicious goodies in our Free Food Spot, and an amazing experience!
Here’s a little taste of the kinds of experiences you might have as a GlobalGiving Fellow:
- Skill-building workshops and a speaker series to develop frameworks and build your knowledge base around international development, technology startups, social entrepreneurship, philanthropy, disaster response, and crowdfunding.
- Departmental rotations and shadowing opportunities with our executive leadership to learn about strategic planning and decision-making processes.
- In-depth research and analysis projects around a particular issue area.
- Training on experimentation, workflow, and querying tools such as Salesforce, Optimizely, MySQL, and Desk.com.
- Career prep and professional development including mock interviews and resume review. Previous fellows have used their professional development funds to take coding classes and learn French!
GlobalGiving’s mission is to catalyze a marketplace for ideas, information, and money that democratizes aid and philanthropy. We believe that good ideas come from anyone, at any time, or from anywhere, and we’re committed to supporting the people who have the best ideas about how to change their own communities. As the world’s first global crowdfunding platform, in 2002 we set in motion a virtuous cycle of good. How do we do it? We work with nonprofits, individual donors and companies to enhance the effectiveness of locally driven organizations in hundreds of communities. To date, we have supported more than 16,125 projects with $251 million of funding from 570,319 donors across 165 countries around the world… and we’re still growing!
Fellowship Focus Areas (please select one of the following areas of focus on your application)
You’ll have the unique opportunity to be part of the GlobalGiving Fellows Program. We’ve had an internship program for years (see how it’s been rated on Glassdoor.com), and we are wrapping up our second year of the Fellows Program. We have fellowship opportunities on five teams: Operations, Business Development, Partner Services, Program, and Marketing & Communications.
Marketing and Communications (MarComms) Fellow
Our Marketing and Communications team promotes the work of GlobalGiving and our partners, and ensures blissful experiences for our donors. Using email, social media, web and graphic design, video, and great customer service, we aim to deepen engagement with our donor, nonprofit and strategic partner audiences. Candidates with superior oral and written communication and project management skills with demonstrated experience using social media to further an organization’s goals are encouraged to apply. Specifically, the MarComms Fellow will:
- Develop compelling campaigns: curate and create inspiring content for email, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram that will help us tell inspiring stories about GlobalGiving and our nonprofit partners.
- Make us look good: adhere to brand guidelines and work with our graphic designer to create graphics for our social media channels using skills in Adobe Photoshop
- Promote donor bliss: be the first to respond to donor inquiries via email, phone calls, social media, case systems, and any other forms of communication, ensuring a timely and thoughtful response from GlobalGiving.
- Measure what matters: experiment, test, monitor, and evaluate our social media and customer bliss efforts in order to help us learn from our work so we can improve.
Who we are looking for
We offer five different areas of focus for our fellows, each requiring specific qualifications. But overall, our fellow selection process is rooted in our values-driven approach to work. We seek candidates who subscribe to our core values and are therefore:
- Always Open: Believing that great ideas can come from anyone, anywhere, at any time; approachable and humble, demonstrating sincere appreciation for others and their ideas.
- Never Settle: Questioning the status quo wisely, and challenging self to achieve high goals and expectations.
- Listen, Act, and Learn (Repeatedly): Demonstrating curiosity about the world around us, and bringing that curiosity into GlobalGiving; experimenting fruitfully, utilizing both success and failure productively; leveraging data and feedback to make better decisions.
Committed to WOW: Embodying a spirit of service with customers (internal and external), and delighting in opportunities to interact with them.
In addition, candidates must:
Be in the game. Passionate and interested in international development and subscribed to the GlobalGiving approach.
- Be an achiever. Prove demonstrated standout achievement among your peers.
- Be adaptable. Perform well in changing environments, with a palpable desire to do what it takes to improve and develop.
- Be an effective collaborator. Proactively maintain relationships in ways that are of mutual benefit to you and the other person.
- Be a linear, yet creative thinker. Accurately link cause and effect or correlation to generate relevant, innovative solutions to problems.
- Be able to execute. Set, track, and complete goals without the need for last minute heroics. Anticipate possible delays and plan around them to maintain ownership and accountability for meeting objectives with high quality and timeliness.
The Fellows Program is a full-time work commitment that will begin June 1, 2017 and run through June 30, 2018.
Recent college graduates, career switchers, former interns, and anyone who has a passion for what we are doing is encouraged to apply! Applicants must have U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent residency.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
A stipend of $28,000, paid semi-monthly, will be offered over the course of the 13-month program.
Health insurance, educational assistance, paid time off, professional development funds up to $500 over the course of the program, access to our marketplace of discounts with companies, and commuter benefits.
Meet Some of GlobalGiving's Employees
Partner Services Associate
Alli vets the nonprofits that want to join GlobalGiving, and she administers grants from GlobalGiving's corporate partners. She ensures that all donations are made to credible organizations that are committed to impacting their communities.
Back to top