VP, Business Development
Vice President, Business Development
The VP, Business Development is responsible for developing and growing relationships with top-tier financial services clients in the Boston Area. Our clients are some of the most sophisticated investors in the world including hedge funds, private equity, venture capital, long-only investment managers and investment banks. The VP will be responsible for deepening relationships with existing investment professionals while identifying new and potential GLG advocates within current accounts and prospective clients. This is accomplished by regularly presenting GLG’s platform and engaging with top level decision makers to identify opportunities for thoughtful collaboration. The role leverages GLG’s CRM tools to track and map client accounts and demands teamwork with our internal colleagues to deliver a differentiated solution to our clients
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Be a key team member in accelerating the growth of GLG’s East Coast business
- Develop and negotiate professional service retainers for existing clients and new business prospects across the full line of GLG’s services
- Directly work with investment professionals (from Associate up to Partner-level contacts) to increase awareness of GLG, engage them to drive successful investment outcomes, resolve business issues and challenges, deliver GLG solutions to meet their needs and add value to their investment process
- Work creatively and collaboratively with internal colleagues—sales, marketing, legal, research, finance, technology—to deliver solutions to solve complex business issues
- Build account plans, set account growth objectives, and quarterback client service teams to achieve those objectives
- Communicate GLG’s mission, vision, and strategy and premium value proposition
- Represent the core values that underpin GLG’s culture
Key performance metrics for the VP, Business Development include establishing relationships with new contacts at client firms, building strong client teams internally, achieving YOY client revenue growth, increasing advocates for GLG’s services at client firms, and building adoption of new products and systems. Candidates should be comfortable articulating the value of our services over the phone and, importantly, in person.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required in addition to a minimum of 6+ years of demonstrated successful professional experience ideally including financial services sales
- The ability to build strong and lasting relationships with key decision makers in client firms
- Ability to work well independently and be self-motivated
- A strong passion for persuasion, especially around complicated and intellectually challenging issues
- Superior verbal communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to read and understand people
- The highest level of integrity and professionalism
- A creative and entrepreneurial mindset; an interest in helping to build a business and to be compensated according to performance
- A demonstrated ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Senior Vice President, Corporate Markets
Aly manages a team of GLG leaders, providing them with important tools for success and overseeing their career development.
Back to top