Vice President, TMT
The Vice President, China TMT will be responsible for managing a small team and providing client service along all GLG Research products for institutional investment, professional service firm and corporate clients in China. This will include being the point of contact for designated clients and leveraging the GLG network of global experts to provide our core services (e.g., phone consultations, survey & analytics, meetings, project management support). The Vice President will be the China TMT servicing and content leader working closely with the business development, compliance and the APAC regional leadership team to devise and implement service strategies for TMT-focused clients.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Facilitating educational interactionsbetween members of the GLG expert network and our clients, to permit our clients to make more informed and more confident investment decisions. Senior members of the Research team are tasked with fulfilling time sensitive research requests by analyzing client requests, and building and qualifying primary populations of topic experts. Most GLG client – expert interactions consist of telephone consultations but also may consist of surveys, research travel programs, and in-depth engagements.
- Programming live China TMT meetings.Vice Presidents are responsible for independently organizing and hosting small group conversations, elite meetings and virtual content between GLG experts and GLG clients, all within our compliance framework. In TMT, this also includes collaborating with the global TMT and Events team to host roundtable meetings at TMT conferences across Asia.
- Enhancing the GLG Councils.Developing relationships with GLG’s most respected thought leaders and KOLs in the TMT sector, as well as recruiting new senior executives and leading consultants into the GLG Councils through research, networking, and direct outreach.
- Growing GLG client commercial relationships. The successful candidate will leverage their experience to develop trust-based relationships in the marketplace, which driving sustainable revenue. They do this in collaboration with their colleagues in business development, through their personal relationships, and as part of their outreach to leading professionals in the sector. Within China, this means driving revenue growth and commercial success within the institutional investment, professional service and TMT communities.
- Team-wide collaboration. As with any senior client-facing position in a GLG client office, Vice Presidents are expected to help mentor and manage junior colleagues, especially those colleagues in our operations offices with whom they are collaborating. They also work closely with our Business Development team and other sector-specialized Research Managers to develop customized TMT products for GLG clients.
- Leading and owning GLG compliance standards.Clearly communicating to GLG clients and experts the integrity of the GLG platform as a key differentiator of our business and understanding the additional compliance considerations for the TMT segment.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree or higher from a top tier academic institution. Background in TMT preferred.
- 8-10+ year’s relevant industry experience, ideally as an analyst, associate or similar role in consulting, investment banking, or equity research within the TMT sector.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated oral, written and presentation abilities
- Successful track record working in complex multi-task-oriented team environment
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 400,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,000 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries. We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade stocks or any other security that may present a conflict of interest or appearance of conflict of interest. Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. also requires that all employees sign a confidentiality and non-compete agreement with our firm. We conduct background checks on all prospective new hires.
GLG is an equal opportunity employer
Back to top