Vice President, Sales
Gerson Lehrman Group (GLG) is seeking a Corporate Segment Sales Vice President to oversee the development and growth of new corporate clients, and to develop and maintain effective existing relationships.
GLG Sales Vice President in our client-facing offices are responsible for:
- Growing GLG existing client relationships. Developing relationships with GLG clients, who are primarily lead investment professionals across Asia. This relationship development will stem from in-person client meetings, and telephone interactions. Sales Vice President develop deep relationships with key contact points at clients, and identify suitable opportunities for cross-selling, upgrades and other revenue opportunities.
- Strategizing, identifying and bringing on new clients in China. Plan and prioritize personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including sales and costs - especially managing personal time and productivity.
- Hosting frequently held GLG events in China. Hosting small group conversations between GLG experts and GLG clients.
- Developing organized marketing activities. Plan and hold client optimization formal meetings and socials with prospects.
- Team-wide collaboration. Work closely with other Business Development colleagues and sector-specialized Research Managers to deepen existing client relationships and identify new prospects.
- Enhancing the GLG brand in China. Developing relationships across the corporate clients in China, and acting as a mature, personable face of GLG in China.
Gerson Lehrman Group attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from a Top tier undergraduate institution
- 5 years experience in Sales, finance, accounting or professional services and technical industries
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial / leadership skills, with clear focus on Sales and business profit
- Outstanding communication skills and a team player
- Experience interacting with senior executives
- Native Mandarin skills and fluent English
- Experience in China’s mutual fund industry
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, while leading others to do the same
- Express a strong desire to work in a global team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top