Vice President - Business Development (Corporate Markets)
In this role, you will help the world’s greatest companies disrupt markets and help them build better products.
This opportunity will allow you to inspire senior business leaders that there is a new and better way to gather insights to make decisions.
Responsible for developing GLG’s client relationships with the world’s leading R&D organizations across High Tech, Industrials and Life Sciences corporates.
GLG’s platform delivers unparalleled and rapid access to insight to support decision-making across innovation, strategic planning, corporate development, product development, and go-to-market functions.
Inspiring leaders in these functions to think differently about how and when they access insight should excite you.
Helping companies innovate and build extraordinary B2B products should inspire you.
You’ll be entering a high growth business defining a new category from within the world’s leading B2B insights platform.
The role is a rare opportunity to build a category from the ground up.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Be a key team member in accelerating the growth of GLG’s India business
• Develop and negotiate professional service retainers for existing clients and new business prospects across the full line of GLG’s services
• Directly work with large corporates (CXO level contacts) to increase awareness of GLG, engage them to drive successful outcomes, resolve business issues and challenges, deliver GLG solutions to meet their needs and add value to their research process
• Work creatively and collaboratively with internal colleagues—sales, marketing, legal, research, finance, technology—to deliver solutions to solve complex business issues
• Build account plans, set account growth objectives, and quarterback client service teams to achieve those objectives
• Communicate GLG’s mission, vision, and strategy and premium value proposition
• Represent the core values that underpin GLG’s culture Key performance metrics for the VP, Business Development includes establishing relationships with new contacts at client firms, building strong client teams internally, achieving YOY client revenue growth, increasing advocates for GLG’s services at client firms, and building adoption of new products and systems. An ideal candidate will have the following:
• Experience selling into or operating in advisory and product-oriented functions (Corporate Strategy, M&A, Product Marketing, Product Management, Market Research), ideally in the Fortune 500
• Master’s degree from a premier institute is required in addition to a minimum of 10+ years of demonstrated successful professional experience ideally including consultative services sales
• The ability to build strong and lasting relationships with key decision-makers in client firms
• Ability to work well independently and be self-motivated • A strong passion for persuasion, especially around complicated and intellectually challenging issues
• Superior verbal communication skills
• The highest level of integrity and professionalism
• A creative and entrepreneurial mindset; an interest in helping to build a business and to be compensated according to performance
• A demonstrated ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility
Back to top