Survey Manager, Life Sciences/ Healthcare
Survey Manager, Life Sciences/Healthcare
GLG is seeking a Survey Manager to own the responsibility for leading and growing GLG’s survey business in healthcare and life sciences. The Survey Manager will join a growing Global Survey Team and will collaborate with GLG Research and Business Development professionals as well as GLG’s sophisticated client base; which includes top institutional investment firms, top-tier consulting firms, non-profit organizations, and Fortune 1000 companies. This person will work with the Head of Healthcare Surveys to lead growth initiatives, build and grow client relationships, and lead a team of associates to deliver the product.
The Survey Team is responsible for survey writing, programming, editing, fielding, and data compilation across various industry verticals, populations, geographies, and client types. The Survey Team facilitates the execution of hundreds of surveys per month. This position requires market research experience in the healthcare and/or life sciences sector, meticulous attention to detail, the ability to prioritize and multi-task, excellent written and verbal communication skills, a keen analytic outlook, as well as, a passion for creative problem solving, client service and project management. In addition, it requires the ability and passion to lead and develop younger associates on his/her own team. The Survey Manager will report to the Head of Healthcare Surveys, who will provide a close mentoring environment to rapidly accelerate development.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Project leadership: Serve as point-person for Healthcare/Life Sciences clients’ survey needs, and ensure the highest level of service is delivered end-to-end
- Thought leadership: Serve clients’ requests on the most complex healthcare/life science surveys - including the drafting of client learning needs into thoughtful surveys, and the visualization of results
- Commercial leadership: Work with GLG Research and Sales to identify high-potential client opportunities and pitch the survey product
- People leadership: Develop and lead a growing team in New York; build collaborative relationships throughout GLG to strengthen the survey product’s position
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Undergraduate degree from a top tier university
- 3+ years of market research and survey design experience in the healthcare / life sciences sector, including experience with online survey platforms
- Experience leading teams and developing junior members
- Experience collaborating with team-members in a high-throughput, deadline-driven, process-oriented, client-servicing environment
- Superior writing, logic and interaction skills; including oral and organizational skills
- Experience analyzing results and/or communicating survey results to stakeholders a plus
- Management consulting or investment banking experience or demonstrated strong understanding of professional services a plus
- Experience with Qualtrics programming a plus
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 425,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,100 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across all of our positions, we insist upon integrity, creativity, intensity, and professionalism.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Back to top