Summer Marketing Intern
Summer Marketing Intern
This is an exciting opportunity for penultimate/final year university students looking to pursue a career in marketing in the information services industry. The internship is structured to develop your communication and teamwork skills, and broaden your industry knowledge while working in a fast-growing global firm. You will support the GLG Marketing and Events Team on projects by conducting industry research, reaching out to thought leaders and key executives across various industry verticals, and working closely with Senior Marketing Manager to identify branding opportunities. You will also have the opportunity to take ownership of strategic initiatives aimed to enhance the brand in the APAC region.
This internship will help you acquire marketing skills and provide you with knowledge of various marketing strategies. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in marketing and should be prepared to enter any fast paced work environment. As a marketing intern, you will collaborate with our marketing team in all stages of marketing campaigns. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels.
- Support the GLG APAC marketing & events team on all marketing, venue research, related duties.
- Conduct industry research and competitive intelligence analysis;
- Other research tasks based on team requirements.
- Excellent communication skills in English (an additional Asian language – Mandarin – preferred)
- Current student at a top-tier university, preferably pursuing a degree in new media or marketing
- Resourceful, driven individual with a passion for technology and marketing
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in relevant agency / technology industry will be a plus
- Interest in helping to build a technology-driven business that is looking to help shape the new economy
- Search engines, web analytics and business research tools acumen
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- Knowledge of data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys etc) preferred
- Experience on Google AdWords, Google Analytics and Wordpress is a bonus, and will be considered when choosing the most suitable applicant for this internship position.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same
- Express a strong desire to work in a young and dynamic team / environment
- Respond quickly and effectively to management direction, clients’ requests and other team members’ needs
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Senior Vice President, Corporate Markets
Aly manages a team of GLG leaders, providing them with important tools for success and overseeing their career development.
Back to top