Strategy & Finance Associate APAC
GLG is seeking a Strategy & Finance Associate to join its operating and finance team to help sustain and accelerate significant top and bottom-line growth within our Asia Pacific (APAC) business unit. In recent years, our APAC business unit has delivered substantial revenue growth and is well positioned to continue this growth trajectory going forward.
This individual will be an important partner and team member to the Head of the APAC region and the Director of Strategy & Finance to help drive strategic initiatives alongside Business Development and Research leaders across APAC. This person will be located in our Hong Kong office and will report to the Director of Strategy & Finance.
At a high level, this position will provide thoughtful business stewardship, intelligence, analysis and ongoing reporting to measure business performance and assist growth acceleration strategies across the APAC market. The role involves significant exposure to and interaction with key business stakeholders and requires the candidate to demonstrate exceptional leadership, maturity and an ability to self-direct. We are seeking a strong self-starter with solid financial, analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, outstanding communications and relationship-building capabilities, the ability to assess, prioritize and balance multiple tasks, and an overall entrepreneurial, get-things-done attitude.
- Create and analyze sophisticated financial models - build models from scratch, improve existing models, break complex models down into components.
- Develop own viewpoint on all analysis created to make clearly supported recommendations regarding expected initiative outcomes.
- Develop and demonstrate a deep understanding of the key metrics, daily operations and current trends of each distinct business.
- Build and maintain business-specific Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting and dashboards to measure and monitor the productivity across functions.
- Closely coordinate between senior stakeholders within APAC, Finance, and Strategy teams on numerous joint projects / analysis.
- Act as a working team member for Corporate Strategy related projects focused on the APAC business and region.
- Manage interactions with Corporate functions within the company including Accounting, Finance and Business Intelligence among others.
- Perform other ad-hoc analysis and modeling based on evolving APAC business and regional needs.
- Meaningful work experience (1+ years), ideally in management consulting, other highly analytical business or strategy role preferred.
- Analytic agility and creativity, with strong technical skills and ability to develop and deliver key insights.
- Devotion to accuracy, integrity, consistency and detail.
- Elite Excel and database skills – ability to build efficient, scalable, and intuitive models
- Elite Powerpoint skills with devotion to create thoughtful communications and visually attractive presentations
- Experience with Tableau, Access, SQL or other database applications
- Very strong leadership and communications skills (written and oral) and the ability to work with a team in pressure situations.
- Comfort collaborating with multiple stakeholders and senior management across APAC
- Ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 425,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,000 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Back to top