Senior Revenue Accountant
We are currently looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Austin, TX based team. We are seeking a dynamic and self-motivated individual with excellent accounting knowledge as well as strong analytical and communication skills. This role will report to the Senior Manager, Accounting and will focus primarily on revenue recognition and related balance sheet account reconciliations. The Senior Accountant will also support the Accounting department by contributing to the accurate and timely reporting of financial results to our internal and external stakeholders. This is an excellent opportunity to join our global organization with significant growth potential, for a qualified individual who shares our values of learning and curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspectives, service and integrity.
- Review customer contracts for accuracy of data entry into the company’s systems, and advise on proper revenue recognition.
- Review and approve non-standard transactional-based revenue activity, with a focus on accuracy and proper cutoff for revenue recognition.
- Prepare analyses and journal entries to facilitate the month-end close
- Prepare detailed account analysis and reconciliation for various balance sheet accounts, including deferred revenue and other revenue-related accounts.
- Prepare supporting documentation as requested by audit firms.
- Assist the Senior Manager, Accounting and Director, Accounting with ad hoc technical accounting research and documentation.
- Assist with preliminary analysis and adoption of ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- Opportunity for increased responsibilities depending on candidate’s experience and skillset, and as efficienes are gained with existing processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA required
- 3-4 years of relevant accounting experience, experience at a Big 4 firm strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks at one time; this role is very hands on and requires someone who will roll up their sleeves
- Must have excellent communications skills and the ability to develop effective working relationships across the company’s operations
- Strong Excel skills required
- Experience with Great Plains, Salesforce and SQL a plus
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group:
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,300 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Salary/Benefits: Competitive base salary plus eligibility for, depending on the role, a year-end performance-based discretionary bonus with comprehensive benefits program and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.
Back to top