Senior Research Manager
GLG is seeking candidates to join our Asia Research team in Hong Kong. Senior Research Managers in our Professional Services Firms (PSF)& Financial Services practice work directly to support and manage research inquiries coming from our client firms based in Asia.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Managing and leading a team of junior to mid-level professionals. Ensure best in class client service practices are upheld through close coaching and support direct reports in their professional development plans, actively manage team performance and people development. Role model GLG leadership and culture in and outside the team.
- Facilitating educational interactions between GLG experts (including industry executives, independent consultants, academics, and former policy makers across all sectors) and our clients. Clients seek GLG's support on due diligence research, internal studies, or other strategic/operational engagements. Interactions mainly consist of 1:1 telephone consultations, but may also consist of surveys, in-person meetings, panels, or other custom, in-depth engagements.
- Support the Sales team growing GLG client relationships in Hong Kong including new clients as well as senior stakeholders. This relationship development will stem from proactive phone outreach, project execution, post-project client feedback, and occasionally in-person client meetings in partnership with Sales.
- Enhancing the GLG Councils by developing relationships with GLG’s most respected thought leaders and business professionals across Greater China, as well as recruiting new senior executives and experts GLG Councils through networking and direct outreach.
- Developing and implementing strategy for our efforts in close collaboration with our Leadership team, Sales team, and other GLG stakeholders. Track team performance and create plans to accelerate growth and revenue near- and long-term.
- Programming live in-country meetings or teleconferences on relevant subject matter and news worthy events to our clients in collaboration with Sales.
- 4 to 8 years' experience, ideally in consulting, private equity, market research, recruiting, or other professional services or start up environment
- Strong go-do attitude and track record of business growth / turnaround
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a team of client service professionals
- Successful track record of working in fast paced, client service environment
- Passion for problem solving
- Outstanding communication skills and willingness to call and engage senior professionals
- Proficiency (oral and written) in English & Mandarin
- Understanding of the business climate. Interest in working across industries subjects ranging from industrials to consumer to healthcare
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for accelerated growth
- Exhibit relentless attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in and lead a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top