Senior Research Manager
GLG is seeking candidates to join our Asia Research team in Seoul, Korea. Research Managers in our Financial Services practice work directly to support and manage research inquiries coming from our client firms based in Asia.
The Research Manager is responsible for coordinating and executing short and mid-term client projects and activities, ensure the team meets or exceeds its commercial, development, compliance and people targets, support sales expanding our presence in the region, and work with the leadership in developing and implementing business performance improvement initiatives.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Managing and leading a teamof junior to mid-level professionals. Ensure best in class client service practices are upheld through close coaching and support direct reports in their professional development plans, actively manage team performance and people development. Role model GLG leadership and culture in and outside the team.
- Facilitating educational interactions between GLG experts (including industry executives, independent consultants, academics, and former policy makers across all sectors) and our clients. Clients seek GLG's support on due diligence research, internal studies, or other strategic/operational engagements. Interactions mainly consist of 1:1 telephone consultations, but may also consist of surveys, in-person meetings, panels, or other custom, in-depth engagements.
- Support the Sales team growing GLG client relationships in Korea including new clients as well as senior stakeholders. This relationship development will stem from proactive phone outreach, project execution, post-project client feedback, and occasionally in-person client meetings in partnership with Sales.
- Enhancing the GLG Councils by developing relationships with GLG’s most respected thought leaders and business professionals across Korea, as well as recruiting new senior executives and experts GLG Councils through networking and direct outreach.
- Developing and implementing strategy for our efforts in close collaboration with our Leadership team, Sales team, and other GLG stakeholders. Track team performance and create plans to accelerate growth and revenue near- and long-term.
- Programming live in-country meetings or teleconferenceson relevant subject matter and news worthy events to our clients in collaboration with Sales.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 4 to 7 years' experience, ideally in consulting, private equity, market research, recruiting, or other professional services or start up environment
- Strong go-do attitude and track record of business growth / turnaround
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a team of client service professionals
- Successful track record of working in fast paced, client service environment
- Passion for problem solving
- Outstanding communication skills and willingness to call and engage senior professionals
- Proficiency (oral and written) in English & Korean
- Understanding of the business climate. Interest in working across industries subjects ranging from industrials to consumer to healthcare
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for accelerated growth
- Exhibit relentless attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in and lead a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top