Senior Marketing Associate
The Marketing Associate will be an integral part of the team to help grow and develop the business’s brand and its expansion in Asia-Pacific.
Key areas of focus for this role include managing and refining the firm’s existing marketing content as well as working to build out other channels to engage members, clients and attract prospects. This role requires supporting multiple ongoing interactive communications efforts simultaneously. Hands-on email campaign management, database management, email design, HTML authoring, are essential. The Marketing Associate will work on the firm’s overall online/offline marketing collaterals to establish its brand presence in Asia-Pacific region.
Enhance the brand of the events product as well as the overall business in APAC region:
- Develop and refine event marketing strategy and execution to grow and retain customer base
- Provide regular reporting on event marketing performance for senior management with recommendations for improvements
- Collaborate with Content Managers and Events Operations in targeted marketing of events to clients
- Ensure event marketing strategy adheres to the latest industry standards
- Manage the firm’s Chinese social media platforms and local Chinese websites
- Employ a consistent best-practice approach to overall client and/or Council Member communication, including marketing and content strategy, providing effective feedback and solutions
- Support on all internal and external communications outreach programs
- Drive systems analysis on various projects, working with marketing team members while also contributing individually to achieve results
- Perform regular updates of the websites and mobile applications for APAC region (especially China)
- Support better browsing experience and develop user interface for clients and members
- Manage marketing workflow and coordinate with Event Management, Research as well as Sales teams to ensure that event marketing meets deadlines and corporate standards/requirements
- Work closely with the APAC Events team and corresponding team members in the US and EMEA
Across all of our positions, we seek excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism. Specifically, we look for individuals who thrive in new environments and approach their work with precision and a drive to continually improve overall skill-set and performance.
For this position, applicants with bachelor's or master’s degrees from top-tier colleges or universities, or equivalent work experience. The following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- 2-3 years of post-undergraduate experience in interactive/digital/email marketing or online communications
- Minimum 2 years of solid brand enhancing experience with a global firm in the China market using China-specific marketing tools
More experienced candidates will be considered as Senior Marketing Associate
- Experience with CRM platform (i.e. Salesforce), marketing automation (i.e. Marketo) and email marketing tools
- An avid user of social media such as WeChat and Weibo
- Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign and graphic design preferred
- Excellent project management skills with proven ability to guide a project from conception through to completion
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills with experience managing multiple internal stakeholders and relationships with external vendors
- Experience and understanding across multiple online channels: eDM, search, mobile, social media and experience and knowledge of correlating data analytics (Google Analytics, Baidu Tongji)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to be able to coordinate and influence internal and external parties to work toward common goals
All candidates must have demonstrated proficiency in basic business skills, including:
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Simplified Chinese, including oral, writing and presentation abilities in a business-focused setting. Strong copywriting and copyediting skills is an asset
- Successful track record of working in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively including managing multiple projects at one time
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- University graduates with degrees in Marketing, Communication, information technology or related fields
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Senior Vice President, Corporate Markets
Aly manages a team of GLG leaders, providing them with important tools for success and overseeing their career development.
Back to top