Senior Finance Manager
GLG is seeking a Senior Manager on the Finance team to partner with our business segments help sustain and accelerate significant top and bottom-line growth. In recent years, our businesses have delivered robust double-digit revenue growth and are well positioned to maintain this growth trajectory going forward.
This individual will be an important partner and team member to the General Managers of our Product businesses (Strategic Projects, Quantitative Insights, and Content & Events), leaders of the Product Segment functions, and the Corporate Finance team. This person will be located in our New York office, initially manage one finance professional, and will report to the Senior Director of Finance.
At a high level, this position will manage the execution of the Product businesses as well as provide thoughtful business stewardship, intelligence, analysis, and ongoing reporting to measure business performance and assist growth acceleration initiatives across the Product businesses. The role involves significant exposure to and interaction with key business stakeholders and requires the candidate to demonstrate leadership, maturity, and the ability to self-direct. We are seeking a strong self-starter with solid analytical, financial analysis, and critical thinking capabilities, outstanding interpersonal skills, the ability to multitask, and an overall entrepreneurial, get-things-done attitude.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Budgeting and Forecasting – Manage mid- and long-range business plans for the Product businesses, including the annual budget, quarterly forecasts, and 3-year plan process. Maintain reliable revenue and cost forecasting processes utilizing business manager inputs and internal databases, applying judgment and knowledge of historical performance and trends. Own the regular financial plan update process, including all financial drivers, KPIs, and staffing plans, and investments needed to achieve these results.
- KPIs – Develop and demonstrate a deep understanding of the key metrics, operations, and current trends of each distinct business. Develop a viewpoint on all analyses created to make clearly supported recommendations regarding expected initiative outcomes and assessments of risks and opportunities.
- Operating and Strategic – this position is responsible for several operating and strategic initiatives outside of the typical finance function, including serving as a representative for business intelligence efforts, partnering with the Accounting team on the revenue recognition process, and being a thought partner with the Product teams.
- Presentations – Assist with the production of periodic financial reporting materials and the creation of presentations regarding business performance to be viewed by Senior Management and the Board of Directors.
- People Management – Manage and develop a small team of finance professionals and ensure that the team is establishing and maintaining strong relationships with all business and department stakeholders. Coordinate with relevant internal stakeholders, including all Business Unit leadership and key corporate departments such as Accounting, Human Resources, Strategy, and Business Intelligence, in order to proactively identify and manage business needs and develop optimized business recommendations and solutions.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- BA/BS degree or higher from a top tier University or College; MBA is highly preferred
- 7+ years of work experience, ideally in FP&A, investment banking, consulting, or other highly analytical role
- 2+ years of experience in leading a team of financial professionals to deliver timely and high-quality deliverables, and developing these professionals, both professionally and personally to take on more responsibility as finance business partners
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office products including MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Analytic creativity, insight, and agility with strong technical skills
- Devotion to accuracy, detail, analytic consistency, and data integrity
- Very strong communication skills (written and oral) and the ability to work with a team
- Ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Knowledge of SQL and business intelligence tools (Tableau) preferred, but not required
- Experience with Anaplan is nice to have
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Senior Vice President, Corporate Markets
Aly manages a team of GLG leaders, providing them with important tools for success and overseeing their career development.
Back to top