Senior Associate Program | Healthcare | Immediate Start
Learn with the world’s leading companies.
GLG is seeking recent graduates interested in joining our Life Sciences or Healthcare focused research team Associate Program in Austin, Texas.
Research teams are the engine of GLG. Our research professionals work closely with leaders at the world’s top corporations, investment firms, professional services firms, startups, and nonprofits on the critical decisions they make every day around the world. We work in research teams across industries, becoming the experts on our experts, helping our clients find the insight they need from leading doctors, academics, scientists, policy specialists, strategists, executives and other professionals with years of on-the-ground experience. And then we propose creative learning solutions – from phone consultations and one-on-one meetings to surveys, reports, site tours, and other live or virtual events. We also welcome our experts and other guest speakers to teach us what they know – because our learning mission extends to ourselves as well as our clients.
The Austin office also offers training sessions to explore additional topics, teach valuable skills, and indulge curiosity. And our fun, team-focused environment includes community volunteer programs, monthly birthday celebrations, book clubs, a mentor program, a stock market challenge, and various team-building activities.
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across the company, we look for individuals who embody GLG’s values: learning and curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity. Approximately the first six months of the Associate Program is a training period as a Junior Associate. Upon completion of the training period, Junior Associates will be expected to advance to Senior Associates.
Key Associate responsibilities include:
- Completing the intensive training period;
- Growing and developing our membership of healthcare experts through targeted outreach;
- Engaging with clients daily to understand their needs and provide exceptional service;
- Executing custom projects across client firms – including consultations, surveys, and special projects;
- Maintaining full accountability and responsibility for client accounts;
- Focusing on policies and procedures to protect the integrity of client engagements; and
- Working with our Business Development team to create a strategy to grow revenue on existing accounts and find new business.
As a GLG Associate, you will learn to:
- Excel in a fast-paced environment;
- Work collaboratively to develop knowledge of client relationships;
- Communicate with clients to assess and scope their research needs;
- Develop strong actionable business skills – including time management, professional conduct, communication, negotiation, and project management;
- Understand and utilize a broad range of products to creatively engage and support clients;
- Grow relationships with clients and thought leaders to provide top-level service;
- Maintain substantive knowledge of relevant Life Sciences and Healthcare industry dynamics
- Collaborate with internal partners to exceed client expectations; and
- Mentor newer professionals.
For the Associate Program, we seek applicants with bachelors or masters degrees from top-tier colleges and universities or equivalent work experience. These factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated oral and written abilities;
- Demonstrated commitment and attention to detail, ideally in a high-volume, fast-paced environment;
- Strong problem-solving skills and desire to learn about new topics;
- Passion for client service, especially with experience in phone-based professional communication;
- Strong, demonstrated interest in Healthcare or Life Sciences space
- Ability to build and manage relationships across the full professional spectrum including senior colleagues and extremely senior outside professionals;
- Strong desire to work in a collaborative environment;
- Demonstrated ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility and autonomy over time; and
- Undergraduate or graduate GPA of 3.3 or better.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 425,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,200 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Back to top