Senior Associate Program | Healthcare and Life Sciences | February Start
Build connections. Share expertise. Transform how companies learn.
GLG is seeking recent graduates interested in joining our Life Sciences or Healthcare focused Research Associate Program in Austin, Texas.
Our Associates are front-line client service professionals and the engine of GLG. They work closely with our clients -- professionals at the world’s top corporations, investment firms, management consulting firms, and nonprofits -- on the critical decisions they make every day. These custom learning solutions include phone consultations and one-on-one meetings as well as surveys, reports, and site tours with leading experts and C-suite executives.
Our Associates work in teams across industries, becoming the experts on our global membership of leading professionals and thought leaders called Council Members. Associates connect our clients to the insight they need from these leading doctors, academics, scientists, policy specialists, strategists, executives and other experts with years of on-the-ground experience.
GLG attracts employees from diverse academic and professional backgrounds. We look for individuals who are passionate about our mission to transform how professionals learn and who embody GLG’s values: learning and curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity. The Associate Program begins with a Junior Associate training period that lasts approximately six to nine months. During this time, responsibilities will gradually increase, culminating in promotion to Senior Associate.
Key Associate responsibilities include:
- Recruiting new members to join our Membership through targeted and timely outreach by phone, email, and other methods;
- Engaging Council Members on a daily basis to understand their capabilities and knowledge on specific client requests;
- Supporting more senior team members on all aspects of client engagements; and
- Learning our compliance policies and procedures to protect the integrity of client engagements.
- Executing custom projects across client firms – including consultations, surveys, and special projects;
- Engaging with clients daily to understand their needs and provide exceptional service;
- Maintaining accountability and responsibility for client projects and overall client experience; and
- Collaborating with our Business Development team to grow revenue and ensure retention on existing accounts.
As a GLG Associate, you will learn to:
- Excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and challenging environment;
- Articulate GLG’s value proposition to engage the world’s top professionals;
- Communicate with clients to assess and scope their research needs;
- Develop strong actionable business skills – including time management, prioritization, communication, negotiation, problem solving, and project management;
- Understand and utilize a broad range of products to creatively support clients;
- Grow relationships with thought leaders and clients to provide exceptional service;
- Collaborate with colleagues to build and shape our business; and
- Mentor newer professionals.
Ideal candidates not only embody GLG’s values, but also have:
- Superior communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills;
- Impeccable attention to detail, ideally in a high-volume, fast-paced environment;
- Strong problem-solving skills and insatiable desire to learn about new topics, especially within the Life Sciences and Healthcare sectors;
- Passion for client service and building relationships across the full professional spectrum;
- Strong desire to work in a collaborative environment;
- Demonstrated ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility and autonomy over time;
- GPA of 3.3 or better; and
- 0-2 years relevant experience
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,300 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Salary/Benefits: Competitive base salary plus eligibility for, depending on the role, a year-end performance-based discretionary bonus with comprehensive benefits program, and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.
Culture and Professional Development:
The Austin office also offers training sessions to explore additional topics, teach valuable skills, and indulge curiosity. We also welcome our experts and other guest speakers to teach us what they know – because our learning mission extends to ourselves. And our fun, team-focused environment includes community volunteer programs, a dynamic activity-based work space, an in-office barista bar, monthly birthday celebrations, book clubs, a mentor program, a stock market challenge, and various team-building and health & wellness activities.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade stocks or any other security that may present a conflict of interest or appearance of conflict of interest. Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. also requires that all employees sign a confidentiality and non-compete agreement with our firm. We conduct background checks on all prospective new hires.
GLG is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top