Senior Associate, Private Equity
Senior Associate, Private Equity – New York
This individual will be responsible for supporting GLG client relationships with Private Equity-focused investment professionals in the New York area. As such, they will design and facilitate customized research products, creating innovative solutions on each client assignment.
Senior Associates are responsible for driving GLG’s underlying business processes, fulfilling timely client research requests, including high-level project execution and management, and facilitating in-person interactions between GLG’s clients and Council Members.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Facilitating educational interactions between members of the GLG expert network and our clients, to permit our clients to make more informed and more confident investment decisions. Senior Associates are tasked with fulfilling time sensitive research requests by analyzing client requests and building and qualifying primary populations of topic experts. Most GLG client – expert interactions consist of telephone consultations but also may consist of surveys and other in-depth engagements.
- Growing GLG client relationships. Own full accountability and responsibility for a full slate of complex clients by serving as a thought partner to design and deliver on custom projects. Innovate around products and services that will lead to growth in usage and revenue from your clients. Deliver world-class client service marked by high levels of responsiveness, accuracy, insight, urgency, attention to detail, professionalism, follow-through, and enthusiasm, and serve as an example of excellence in client service to others within GLG.
- Team-wide collaboration. As with any position in a GLG client office, Senior Associates are expected to work in conjunction with team members both in the office and across North American Financial Services, especially those colleagues in our operations offices with whom they are collaborating. They also work closely with our Business Development team and other sector-specialized research professionals to develop customized products for GLG clients.
- Leading and owning GLG compliance standards. Clearly communicating to GLG clients and experts the integrity of the GLG platform as a key differentiator of our business and understanding the additional compliance considerations for the Private Equity segment.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelors or higher degree from a top-tier university (or equivalent work experience)
- 1-2 years of applicable client service work experience preferred.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated oral, written and presentation abilities.
- Successful track record working in a complex, multi-task-oriented team environment
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Demonstrate responsiveness, professionalism, follow-through, and enthusiasm
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top