Senior Associate, Investment Banking/Investment Management
Senior Associate, Investment Banking and Investment Management
GLG is looking for an experienced professional for the role of Senior Associate in our Financial Services Investment Banking and Investment Management team. The Investment Banking & Investment Management (IBIM) Senior Associate will partner directly with our clients at premier Investment Banks and Investment Management firms, as their specialized client service professional, and will report to an Engagement Team Leader within the segment. The IBIM segment works with clients employing a variety of investment strategies, including Private Equity, Distressed Credit, and Long/Short, in addition to Equity Research.
Senior Associates are responsible for driving GLG’s underlying business processes, executing timely client research requests, assisting and learning from senior team members in creating and facilitating customized research products, and owning client users, and in some cases, accounts.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Be a leader on a high performing research team, supporting key client accounts
- Facilitate timely educational interactions between our experts and our clients, to permit our clients to make more informed business decisions with confidence
- Own accountability and responsibility for select clients and partner with more senior team members on a larger book of business by serving as a thought partner to design and deliver on custom projects
- Develop account-level commercial strategy, working closely with Research and Business Development partners, and implement these skills in daily interactions with clients
- Support IBIM’s Account Management team to grow revenue through expansion of existing business and pursuit of new business
Client Service & Member Management:
- Deliver world-class client service marked by high levels of responsiveness, accuracy, insight, urgency, attention to detail, professionalism, follow-through, and enthusiasm, and serve as an example of excellence in client service to others within GLG
- Recruit new members to join GLG’s Membership through targeted and timely outreach to participate in time-sensitive engagements
- Establish and foster strong relationships with GLG’s primary asset, our Council Members, to build loyalty and to create meaningful consulting engagements for them
- Build and maintain relationships with key users at client firms
Market Trends & Product Innovation:
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge of the Investment Banking and Investment Management markets through industry news sources, client and industry expert engagement, and by leveraging existing networks and associations
- Generate ideas, innovate around products, and generally develop cutting edge client service product offerings for our clients
Compliance & Confidentiality:
- Exercise flawless judgment around GLG’s policies and procedures for protecting the integrity of client engagements
- Clearly communicate to clients and Council Members the integrity and value of GLG’s compliance platform
- Implement GLG’s policies and procedures for protecting the integrity of client engagements and train new employees in those procedures
- Suggest innovation around GLG’s compliance platform to minimize friction for clients and/or experts, and work with compliance and product teams to execute
As a GLG Associate, you will learn to:
- Excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and challenging environment;
- Articulate GLG’s value proposition to engage the world’s top professionals;
- Communicate with clients to assess and scope their research needs;
- Develop strong actionable business skills – including time management, prioritization, communication, negotiation, problem solving, and project management;
- Understand and utilize a broad range of products to creatively support clients;
- Grow relationships with thought leaders and clients to provide exceptional service;
- Collaborate with colleagues to build and shape our business; and
- Mentor newer professionals.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Remain calm under pressure
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth for both the business and GLG professionals
- Exhibit relentless attention to detail
- Possess a strong desire to work in a team and manage others
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Have an understanding of and awareness of financial markets, consulting firms, and corporations
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelors or higher degree from a top-tier university (or equivalent work experience), with an undergraduate or graduate GPA of 3.3 or better
- 1-2 years of applicable work experience preferred
- Passion for solving complex problems and executing best-in-class customer service
- Demonstrated commitment, judgment, emotional maturity, and intensity, ideally in a fast-paced, multi-task-oriented environment
- Superior communication skills, including oral, written, and presentation abilities
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,300 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top