Senior Associate, Hedge Funds
Senior Associate, Hedge Funds
This individual will be responsible for supporting GLG client relationships with investment professionals in the New York area. Senior Associates are responsible for driving Gerson Lehrman Group’s underlying business processes, fulfilling timely client research requests, assisting senior team members with high-level product execution, and facilitating in-person interactions between GLG’s clients and Council Members:
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Facilitating educational interactions between members of the GLG membership and our clients, to permit our clients to make more informed and more confident investment decisions. Senior Associates are tasked with fulfilling time sensitive research requests by analyzing client requests and building and qualifying primary populations of topic experts. Most GLG client – expert interactions consist of telephone consultations but also may consist of surveys, research travel programs, and in-depth engagements.
- Enhancing the GLG Councils. Developing relationships with GLG’s most respected thought leaders and key executives across all industries, as well as recruiting new senior executives and leading consultants into the GLG Councils through research, networking, and direct outreach.
- Growing GLG client relationships. Developing relationships with GLG clients, who are primarily lead investment professionals across the U.S. This relationship development will stem from project execution, telephone interactions, and in-person client meetings.
- Team-wide collaboration. As with any position in a GLG client office, Senior Associates are expected to work in conjunction with team members both in the office and across North American Financial Services, especially those colleagues in our operations offices with whom they are collaborating. They also work closely with our Business Development team and other sector-specialized research professionals to develop customized products for GLG clients.
- Leading and owning GLG compliance standards. Clearly communicating to GLG clients and experts the integrity of the GLG platform as a key differentiator of our business and understanding the compliance considerations across different industries.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelors of Science (BS) or Master’s degree from a top-tier university is preferred
- 1-2 years of applicable work experience preferred
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated oral, written and presentation abilities
- Successful track record working in a complex, multi-task-oriented team environment
- A demonstrated understanding of the financial markets is a plus.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,300 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top