Senior Associate, Healthcare, North America Financial Services
Healthcare, Research Manager
This Healthcare (HC) Research Manager in Boston will be responsible for building and maintaining strong client relationships and managing and executing primary research deliverables for clients.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Research Managers are responsible for driving Gerson Lehrman Group’s underlying business processes, fulfilling timely client research requests, including high-level project execution and management, and facilitating in-person interactions between GLG’s clients and Council Members. This includes:
- Facilitating educational interactions between members of the GLG expert network and our clients, to permit our clients to make more informed and more confident investment decisions. Research Managers are tasked with fulfilling time sensitive research requests by analyzing client requests, and building and qualifying primary populations of topic experts. Most GLG client – expert interactions consist of telephone consultations but also may consist of surveys, research travel programs, and in-depth engagements.
- Programming live meetings. Client-facing Research Managers are responsible for independently organizing and hosting small group conversations, elite meetings and virtual content between GLG experts and GLG clients, all within our compliance framework. In HC this also includes collaborating with the global HC and Events team to host roundtable meetings at medical conferences across the U.S.
- Demonstrate strong HC industry content expertise and proactively engage clients and experts to understand key industry dynamics and trends.
- Enhancing the GLG Councils. Developing relationships with GLG’s most respected thought leaders and KOLs in the HC sector, as well as recruiting new senior executives and leading consultants into the GLG Councils through research, networking, and direct outreach.
- Growing GLG client relationships. Developing relationships with GLG clients, who are primarily lead investment professionals across the U.S. This relationship development will stem from in-person client meets, project execution, and telephone interactions.
- Team-wide collaboration. Work closely with our Sales and Business Development team and other sector-specialized Research Managers to develop customized products for GLG clients.
- Leading and owning GLG compliance standards. Clearly communicating to GLG clients and experts the integrity of the GLG platform as a key differentiator of our business and understanding the additional compliance considerations for the HC segment.
Research Manager are expected to cultivate close relationships with and emerge as thought partners with GLG's financial services clients in HC and execute against the tasks detailed above by exercising excellent communication, good judgment, high quality execution, effective collaboration, business ownership, and by adhering to GLG's internal compliance policies and procedures.;
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Degree in hard science/life science required
- Masters or higher degree (PHD/MD) in a hard science/life science from a top-tier university is preferred
- 3-6 years of applicable work experience preferred
- Equity research or investment banking experience or a demonstrated strong understanding of financial markets a plus
- Prior consulting experience or relevant experience in the healthcare industry also a plus
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated oral, written and presentation abilities
- Successful track record working in complex multi-task-oriented team environment
- We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top