Gerson Lehrman Group is seeking a Research Associate to support clients in Shanghai. A Research Associate will be responsible for managing and executing primary research deliverables to add value to Gerson Lehrman Group clients based in Shanghai.
Research Associates help to drive GLG’s business model and develop their segments client base through close coordination with senior members of the research team and working with clients to fulfill their primary research needs.
Research Associates are responsible for driving Gerson Lehrman Group’s underlying business processes, fulfilling timely client research requests, assisting senior team members with high-level product execution, and facilitating in-person interactions between GLG’s clients and Council Members.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Fulfill time-sensitive research requests for GLG clients
- Exhibit strong business communication and client service skills
- Learn to leverage GLG’s platform and network to match thought leaders with clients, based upon the client’s research objectives
- Collaborate closely with senior team members to program live event content for Asia as well as more broadly distributed virtual event content
- Coordinate with cross-functional and international colleagues to develop product strategies
- Work closely with Business Development colleagues and sector-specialized Managers to deepen existing client relationships
- Effectively interact with Financial Service clients across the region and manage relationships with senior leaders from the investment community.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree or higher from a top tier university
- Native Proficiency in Mandarin and Fluent in English
- 0 to 3 years relevant industry experience or Financial Service background
- Superior communication and interaction skills, including demonstrated oral, written and presentation abilities
- Successful track record managing multiple, simultaneous complex tasks and working in team environments
- Attention to detail
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
Back to top