Senior Associate / Associate - Credit
Gerson Lehrman Group is seeking a Senior Associate to join our Credit Team in Hong Kong. The Senior Associate will help to drive the growth of GLG’s business and develop their client base, through working closely with clients to fulfill their credit investment-focused research needs and assisting senior team members with high-level product execution, as well as facilitating in-person interactions between GLG’s clients and Council Members, in a timely and effective manner.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
GLG Senior Associate, Credit is responsible for:
- Support the client facing team to tackle credit client’s investment-related questions. The Senior Associate, Credit will work closely with the Greater China Credit Team based in Hong Kong, to provide clients with thorough and timely project support, the Senior Associate is expected to handle multiple projects on a day-to-day basis.
- Facilitating educational interactions between GLG Council Members and our clients, enable our clients to make more informed and confident investment decisions. The Senior Research Associate is tasked with fulfilling time sensitive research requests by decoding client requests, building and qualifying primary populations of topic experts and closely follow through until the completion of each project. Most GLG client/expert interactions consist of telephone consultations, but also may consist of in-depth engagements, in-person interactions, surveys and research travel programs, etc..
- Assist in the programming of live meetings. The Senior Associate, Credit is responsible for identifying relevant credit news and program it into small group conversations between GLG Council Members and GLG clients, the event format could be small group discussion, one on one meetings or virtual events.
- Enhancing the GLG Councils. Developing relationships with GLG’s most respected thought leaders across sectors, as well as recruiting new senior executives and leading consultants into the GLG Councils through research, networking, and direct outreach.
- Working towards growing GLG client relationships. The Senior Associate, Credit will be working towards gaining responsibility of developing relationships with GLG Credit clients, who are primarily leading credit investment professionals across APAC. This relationship development will be based on thorough project execution, telephone interactions and regular client meetings.
- Team-wide collaboration. The Senior Associate is expected to work closely with our Sales and Business Development team, as well as other research professionals to develop customized products for GLG clients.
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across all of our positions, we insist upon excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism.
- Solid understanding of financial industry and credit investment
- Bachelor’s degree or above, a Master’s degree is preferred but not a must
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- Fluency in an additional Asian language (Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese, Bahasa or Thai) is preferred but not a pre-requisite
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in public relations, background check, due diligence or research roles in relevant industries such as banking, business services, consultancies and financial services, etc., plus significant ongoing curiosity and learning attitude towards trends across different sectors
- Demonstrated performance and business judgment, in some or all of the following areas:
- In-depth research, negotiation, or networking with high-end professionals; and/or
- Business development, corporate development, project management, product management
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify best match/solution of requests/questions and to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Successful track record working in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Back to top