The Associate will work directly with our Corporate clients in the Greater China region, serving as their specialized client service contact while also actively assisting in the growth and development of the team’s business. The Associate designs and facilitates the customized research solutions that our clients request, creating innovative solutions for each client assignment. Additionally, responsible for working as a team to contribute to GLG’s event product which includes Live Meetings, Webcasts, and Teleconferences.
GLG Associate in our client-facing team is responsible for:
- Facilitating consultative engagements between members of the GLG Councils and our clients, to enable our clients to make more informed strategic/investment decisions. This will require fulfilling time sensitive research requests by deep understand of client requests, conducting industry research, defining primary populations of subject matter experts, and designing optimal formats/structures of consultation projects including telephone consultations, live meetings, surveys, reports and other in-depth solutions.
- Growing GLG client relationships. Developing relationships with GLG clients, who are primarily leading corporations across the Greater China region. This relationship development will stem from in-person client meets, project execution, and professional networking.
- Enhancing the GLG Councils. Developing relationships with GLG Council Members, as well as recruiting new thought leaders and subject matter experts into the GLG Councils through research, networking, and direct outreach.
- Team-wide collaboration. Working closely with various GLG Internal teams including the Sales and Business Development team, product teams, the Compliance team, etc. and other sector-specialized Associates to develop customized products for GLG clients.
- Designing and hosting live events, such as Roundtable meetings between GLG Council Members and GLG clients, web-based virtual events and social events.
Requirements for candidates:
Gerson Lehrman Group attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across all of our positions, we insist upon excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism.
- Bachelor’s degree or above with strong academic track record;
- 1-3 years of work experiences as client-facing or analyst roles in consultancies, business services, market research, financial services or other relevant industries.
- Excellent communication skills in both Mandarin Chinese and English, and ability to manage complex project management and interpersonal situations;
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and ability to learn fast;
- Intellectual curiosity to learn about business strategy & operations, industry insights and personalities in the project-related sectors.
- Passion for professional service industry and project-based work nature;
- Successful track record working in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn through short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 600,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. A Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,600 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Please send your CV both Chinese and English version to DKong@glgroup.com if you are interested in this role.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade stocks or certain other securities to avoid appearances of conflict of interest. GLG also requires that all employees sign a confidentiality and non-competition agreement with our firm. We conduct background checks on all prospective new hires.
Back to top