Gerson Lehrman Group is seeking a Senior Research Associate to support clients in Hong Kong’s Public Equity focused business. A Senior Research Associate will be responsible for managing and executing primary research deliverables to add value to Gerson Lehrman Group clients based in Hong Kong.
Senior Research Associates help to drive GLG’s business model and develop their segments client base through close coordination with senior members of the research team and working with clients to fulfill their primary research needs. The Senior Research Associate is responsible for coordinating and executing short and mid-term client projects and activities, ensure the team meets or exceeds its commercial, development, compliance and people targets.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Managing public equity focused relationships at top tier buy-side and sell-side clients including Mutual funds, Investment Banks Equity Research and Corporate Access teams supporting clients in both their research assignments and arranging high profile speakers
- Work closely with Business Development colleagues grow GLG client relationships with new and existing clients as well as senior stakeholders. This relationship development will stem from proactive phone outreach, project execution, post-project client feedback, and in-person client meetings.
- Fulfill time-sensitive research requests for GLG clients
- Exhibit strong business communication and client service skills
- Learn to leverage GLG’s platform and network to match thought leaders with clients, based upon the client’s research objectives
- Collaborate closely with senior team members to program live event content for Asia as well as more broadly distributed virtual event content
- Coordinate with cross-functional and international colleagues to develop product strategies
- Effectively interact with financial services clients across the region and manage relationships with senior leaders from the investment community.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree or higher from a top tier university
- Proficiency (oral and written) in English & Mandarin
- 2 to 4 years relevant industry experience or financial services experience, ideally in a relevant public equity environment (e.g. corporate access origination, equity research, equity sales, professional services etc.)
- Superior communication and interaction skills, including demonstrated oral, written and presentation abilities, including willingness to proactively call and engage senior professionals
- Self-driven, with successful track record managing multiple, simultaneous complex tasks and working in team environments
- Exhibit relentless attention to detail
- Strong go-do attitude and track record of business development or handling client relationships
- Understanding of the public equity landscape and business climate. Interest in working across diverse sectors and subject matters
- Passion for solving complex problems and executing best-in-class customer service
- Exercise flawless judgment around GLG’s policies and procedures for protecting the integrity of client engagements
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.glg.it
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top