Research Support Specialist
Overview of the Role:
Research support specialist within our Legal & Compliance operations team would be required to develop subject matter expertise on Compliance issues and shall be the first point of contact for Research Professionals. The individual will be interpreting the internal policies and guidelines, determining required actions and making recommendations based on firm guidance and framework.
Depending upon the position of the candidate, the responsibilities would include being responsive to client needs on immediate basis, performing in-depth reviews of the task assigned, analyzing tasks and arriving at logical and factual conclusions, since the work product is subject to review and scrutiny by clients/ regulators and senior management.
- Understanding and enforcing key requirements of firm and regulators’ Legal & Compliance rules and policies;
- Identifying and applying a strong distinction between the correct/incorrect business practices and escalate any compliance breaches;
- Reviewing and evaluating the completeness, accuracy and appropriateness of proposed transaction/requests;
- Managing tasks and activities in a timely manner with complete ownership of responsibilities;
- Providing periodic updates to domestic and international legal teams on various compliance related projects;
- Individual will reference existing policies; however, due to frequency of unique situations will need to research issues and, through situation-specific inquiries, propose solutions to issues;
- Maintain defined quality levels of performance as per SLA’s.
- Graduate/Post Graduate with 1-3 years of work experience;
- Candidates with legal /compliance and quality background will be preferred;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Possess excellent Internet-based research skills. Familiarity with using subscribed Internet-based tools (Hoover’s, LinkedIn, Lexus-Nexus, etc.) would be an added advantage;
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Successful track record of working in a team environment;
- Adaptability to work in a dynamic environment often accompanied by stringent deadlines;
- Strong analytical bent of mind and structured problem-solving approach;
- Able to work and deliver under minimal supervision/independently.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors;
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same;
- Express a strong desire to work in a team;
- Respond effectively to management direction and clients’ needs;
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
- Exhibit proficiency in MS Office skills, including advance knowledge of MS Excel.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Senior Vice President, Corporate Markets
Aly manages a team of GLG leaders, providing them with important tools for success and overseeing their career development.
Back to top