Research Manager - Healthcare
Responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Developing and growing client relationships with public equity investment professionals across EMEA that invest in publicly-listed healthcare, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and diagnostic companies
- Curating and hosting roundtables, teleconferences and other events with Council Members at the executive-level and leading clinical key opinion leaders (KOLs)
- Building a comprehensive knowledge of the healthcare and investment sector, including pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, healthcare services, medical devices, diagnostics, hospitals and health systems
- Building the competencies to service GLG clients and understand their research needs, putting them in touch with a choice of experts to help them gain the relevant industry insights to make better informed investment decisions
- Researching different populations of thought leaders on an array of healthcare topics, contacting leading physicians and executives about consulting projects and developing a working relationship with these experts to build out our community and overall network
As a GLG Research Manager, you will learn to:
- Excel in a fast-paced environment;
- Work collaboratively to develop knowledge of client relationships;
- Master communication skills required to build deep relationships with senior c-suite executives, healthcare professionals and our clients;
- Develop strong actionable business skills – including time management, account management, professional conduct, business development, communication, negotiation, and project management;
- Understand and utilize a broad range of products to creatively engage and support clients;
- Develop relationships with clients and thought leaders to provide top-level service;
- Collaborate with internal partners to exceed client expectations;
- Mentor newer professionals.
- Minimum 2.1 (or equivalent) Bachelors (Bsc) or Master’s (Msc) degree from top-tier universities in a life sciences subject. In addition, a postdoctoral qualification (PhD) in a medical or life sciences subject is preferred
- 2+ years of experience within healthcare equity research, either on the buy or sell side or 3-5 years of related experience at a healthcare consultancy
- Ability to build and manage relationships across the full professional spectrum including senior colleagues and extremely senior outside professionals
- Demonstrated performance and business judgment, in some or all of the following areas: negotiation, research, networking with high-end professionals, business development, corporate development, product development and/or product management
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated oral and written abilities
- Experience or desire to work in account management, business development or relationship management
- Passion for client service, especially with experience in phone-based professional communication
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries. We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
Research teams are the engine of GLG. Our research professionals work closely with leaders at the world’s top corporations, investment firms, professional services firms, startups, and nonprofits on the critical decisions they make every day around the world. We work in research teams across industries, becoming the experts on our experts, helping our clients find the insight they need from leading doctors, academics, scientists, policy specialists, strategists, executives and other professionals with years of on-the-ground experience. And then we propose creative learning solutions – from phone consultations and one-on-one meetings to surveys, reports, and site tours. We also welcome our experts and other guest speakers to teach us what they know – because our learning mission extends to ourselves as well as our clients.
The EMEA Financial Services team, based in London, serves users at the leading financial institutions in the EMEA region, including some of the world’s largest hedge funds, private equity funds, mutual and sovereign wealth funds. Our state-of-the-art office space in London is located in One Fitzroy Place, in the heart of one of the most vibrant neighborhoods in London, Fitzrovia.
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across the company, we look for individuals who embody GLG’s values: learning and curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it/careers.
- Salary/Benefits: Competitive base salary plus eligibility for a year-end performance-based discretionary bonus with comprehensive benefits programme and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.
- GLG does not allow employees to trade stocks or any other security that may present a conflict of interest or appearance of conflict of interest. Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. also requires that all employees sign a confidentiality and non-compete agreement with our firm. We conduct background checks on all prospective new hires.
- GLG is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top