Research Manager - Credit
GLG is seeking candidates to join our Asia Research team in Hong Kong. Research Managers in our Credit Team, Financial Services practice work directly to support and manage research inquiries coming from our client firms based in Asia.
The Research Manager located in the Hong Kong office will be responsible for driving client, product, membership and content strategy for the Hong Kong Research practice specifically in the Credit segment. Working in partnership with leaders across the Asia region, and reporting into the Head of Hong Kong Research, the Research Manager will also be responsible for leading and managing a high performing team of client and council facing professionals dedicated to the Hong Kong market across all sectors focused on credit clients.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Own full accountability and responsibility for a Hong Kong book of business by serving as a thought partner to design and deliver on custom projects – consultations, surveys, market studies, and special projects
- Build relationships with investment professionals at leading institutional investors, corporate executives from multinational corporations, and consultants from premiere strategy and management consultancies
- Proactively generate user demand for GLG products and services across accounts of coverage
- Managing and leading a teamof junior to mid-level professionals. Ensure best in class client service practices are upheld through close coaching and support direct reports in their professional development plans, actively manage team performance and people development. Role model GLG leadership and culture in and outside the team.
- Support new business development and growing GLG client relationships in Hong Kong including new clients as well as senior stakeholders. This relationship development will stem from proactive phone outreach, project execution, post-project client feedback, and occasionally in-person client meetings in partnership with Sales.
- Enhancing the GLG Councils by developing relationships with GLG’s most respected thought leaders and business professionals across Greater China, as well as recruiting new senior executives and experts GLG Councils through networking and direct outreach.
- Developing and implementing strategy for our efforts in close collaboration with our Leadership team, Sales team, and other GLG stakeholders. Track team performance and create plans to accelerate growth and revenue near- and long-term.
- Programming live in-country meetings or teleconferenceson relevant subject matter and news worthy events to our clients in collaboration with Sales.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Up to 6 years of experience, ideally in consulting, credit research, credit analysis, market research, or other professional services or start up environment
- Knowledge about Asian financial markets or industries
- Strong can-do attitude and track record of business growth / turnaround
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a team of client service professionals
- Demonstrated organizational skills - ability to manage multiple internal & client demands and timelines, and ability to coordinate interactions seamlessly
- Successful track record of working in fast paced, client service environment
- Passion for problem solving
- Outstanding communication skills and willingness and credibility to engage senior professionals
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills in English
- Fluency in an additional Asian language strongly preferred (Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Bahasa, Vietnamese, Thai)
- Understanding of the business climate. Interest in working across industries subjects ranging
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Senior Vice President, Corporate Markets
Aly manages a team of GLG leaders, providing them with important tools for success and overseeing their career development.
Back to top