GLG is seeking candidates to join our China Research team in Shenzhen. Research Managers in our Professional Services Firms (PSF)& Financial Services practice work directly to support and manage research inquiries coming from our client firms based in China.
Research Professionals design and facilitate customized research solutions based upon our clients’ needs, creating innovative solutions on each client assignment. In addition, Research Professionals will have the opportunity to grow key client relationships.
- Facilitate timely educational interactions between our experts and our clients, to permit our clients to make more informed and confident business decisions.
- Meaningfully contribute to the efforts of GLG’s Account Management team to grow revenue through expansion of existing business and pursuit of new business.
- Independently own full accountability and responsibility for a full slate of complex clients by serving as a thought partner to design and deliver on custom projects – e.g., consultations, surveys, and special projects – creating innovative solutions on each assignment.
- Suggest innovation around products and services that will lead to growth in usage and revenue from your clients, and work with Research, Sales, and product teams to bring ideas to fruition.
- Deliver world-class client service marked by high levels of responsiveness, accuracy, insight, urgency, attention to detail, professionalism, follow-through, and enthusiasm, and serve as an example of excellence in client service to others within GLG.
- Establish and foster strong relationships with GLG’s primary asset, its experts, both by bringing new experts into the GLG Councils and by identifying appropriate and meaningful consulting opportunities for them.
- Build relationships with key users at client firms including senior level executives.
Compliance & Confidentiality
- Exercise flawless judgment around GLG’s policies and procedures for protecting the integrity of client engagements.
- Clearly communicate to clients the integrity and value of GLG’s compliance platform.
- Suggest innovation around GLG’s compliance platform to minimize friction for clients and/or experts, and work with compliance and product teams to execute.
- Implement GLG’s policies and procedures for protecting the integrity of client engagements and train new employees in those procedures.
- Train and mentor colleagues to ensure excellence in revenue promotion, client service, and compliance.
- Contribute to key strategic initiatives as requested by GLG leadership.
- Work in collaborative interoffice teams to grow and promote client relationships.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors;
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth;
- Exhibit relentless attention to detail;
- Possess a strong desire to work in a team; and
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Have an understanding of and awareness of financial markets and corporations.
For this specific position, the following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- Bachelors or higher degree from a top-tier university (or equivalent work experience)
- 3-5 years experience in a client-facing or analyst role, or commensurate experience in consulting, finance, law, journalism or other relevant field
- Passion for solving complex problems and executing best-in-class customer service
- Superior communication skills, including oral, written, and presentation abilities
- Demonstrated commitment, judgment, emotional maturity, and intensity, ideally in a fast-paced, multi-task-oriented environment
- Proven track record in phone based outreach/ sales/recruitment.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 425,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,300 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade stocks or certain other securities to avoid appearances of conflict of interest. GLG also requires that all employees sign a confidentiality and non-competition agreement with our firm. We conduct background checks on all prospective new hires.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top