Quantitative Insights Director
GLG is seeking a Quantitative Insights Director to drive success for its Quantitative Insights (QI) product for our clients in the telecommunication and tech industries. This person will enhance and extend GLG’s brand, reputation, and recognition within a subset of their respective overall client base as one of the primary points of contact for the team. Additionally, this person will direct teams that help clients qualify and quantify industry and market trends through pipeline analyses, commercial assessments, product forecasting, and general marketplace investigation.
This person will report to the Vice President for their client type, and will be a key member of a rapidly growing business unit. Collaboration with internal partners, as well as GLG’s sophisticated client base, will be crucial for success. The ideal candidate should have a passion for growing a team and driving business, as well as be energized by working within a high-energy, start-up type of environment. In addition, a successful candidate will be passionate about research design, able to deploy and teach a wide variety of market research methodologies.
Candidates interested in this position should expect to regularly engage in conversations about research design, and be able to foster methodological innovation on their team. Candidates interested in this position must be able to lead teams in servicing high-touch, demanding clients with rapid turnarounds.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Lead the pitching, execution, and delivery of customized survey products to GLG’s clients
- Help manage commercial success through marketing, client interaction, and relentlessly excellent project delivery
- Innovation around survey and polling design, and expand the scope of the team’s delivery capabilities to a wide variety quantitative products
- Meet directly with clients and internal partners to increase awareness of and confidence in GLG QI’s capabilities (this may involve up to 10% travel)
- Develop, implement and enforce best practices for project execution while developing a team of project leads and associates
- Work closely with the VP to develop and execute strategies for growth
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Masters or higher degree in market research, business, or some form of quantitatively focused research from a top-tier university is preferred
- 7-10+ years of market research, consulting, or similar experience
- Experience analyzing results and/or communicating quantitative research methodologies and capabilities to stakeholders and clients
- Experience with statistical techniques
- Experience with marketing and sales of research products
- Experience leading teams and developing junior members
- Experience collaborating with team-members in a high-throughput, deadline-driven, process-oriented, client-servicing environment
- A demonstrated strong understanding of technology and telecommunication markets
- Experience managing a product team or book of business
- High-level project management capabilities
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Senior Vice President, Corporate Markets
Aly manages a team of GLG leaders, providing them with important tools for success and overseeing their career development.
Back to top