Project Manager, Global Facilities, Design and Construction
Project Manager, Global Facilities, Design and Construction – Global / New York
GLG is seeking a Project Manager for the Global Real Estate and Facilities Team who is looking for an exciting challenge along with the opportunity to see the world. The ideal candidate will be someone who is highly organized, efficient, strategic, diplomatic and flexible and will be responsible for managing the design and construction of our growing global offices. This person will play a high profile role working with the director of global facilities and regional office managers, executives and leading design consultants in creating new office environments for a fast growing innovative business service company in some of the world’s premiere cities.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Organizer - Proficient in excel, powerpoint and project management software to develop project schedules, capital budgets, comparative scenario planning, executive presentation materials and vendor management.
- Mediator - Knowledgeable in design and construction terms, processes and methods sufficient to lead a project team of professional consultants including a project management firm, architecture firm, engineering firm, landlord representative and others, to generate office space outcomes satisfying company objectives for design, program criteria and budget.
- Designer - Ability to research and draft a design brief illustrating and documenting the space and functional requirements for the given GLG project.
- Budget Manager - Compilation of costs and budgets for both large and small projects and overall anticipated annual capital expenditures including as office refresh of paint and carpet, furniture and other maintenance items. Generate usage reports, establish budgets, and reconcile financials and invoices related to office capital projects.
- Building Consultant - Knowledge of office construction, building systems, building codes, furniture, fixtures and equipment and familiarity with global construction processes, methodologies and design nuances.
- Culture Carrier - Promote and maintain the company brand and image standards throughout the real estate portfolio.
- Relationship Builder - Maintaining relationships with GLG Leadership, building management and various vendors as needed.
- Project Manager - Manage scheduling, logistics & execution of all large and small construction and capital projects.
- Reporter - Maintain relationships with global offices managers to monitor and report on space utilization.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- A high degree of trustworthiness
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently on projects (often without a lot of direction)
- Must be extremely efficient, creative and resourceful
- Must have superior professional, academic and character references
- A university degree required, preferrably in field related to design, construction or facilities planning
- Five to seven years of post-undergraduate experience in a project management type role
- Excellent communication skills, including demonstrated proficiency in oral, writing and presentation abilities in a business-focused setting using a variety of communication channels (telephone, e-mail, in-person, etc.)
- Must have experience managing budgets and leading projects
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Travel required potentially 50% of time
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth and alternative strategies
- Exhibit constant attention to detail and ability to documents such
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 400,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,200 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
#LI - JL1
Back to top