Product Analyst, Senior Associate
We have a strategic opportunity for an entrepreneurial product analyst to help innovate and execute on initiatives focused on customer experience. You will test ideas for new products, and scale up products and ideas that prove to be successful. You will conduct quantitative analysis into our customer behaviors and our product usage to identify opportunities to expand and optimize our products. You will define A/B tests for experimental product features and marketing campaigns. You will conduct market research and competitive analysis to support decisions around our product and go to market strategies. You are execution-oriented, but also an entrepreneurial self-starter, who is able to dig into the root cause to crack the problem. You thrive in a rapidly evolving business with ambiguity around how to accomplish lofty aspirations. We are a collaborative environment with interdependencies across teams.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Product Development: Work with engineering to develop and launch products, using an iterative and agile approach to test new ideas before moving to full scale. Monitor product metrics, and make recommendations on adjustments to product roadmap.
- Insights and analytics: Deep-dive into Council Member data and synthesize insights to make actionable recommendations. Analyze leading, in-process, and lagging indicators to drive fact-based decision-making.
- Market Research and Competitive Analysis: Support the execution of the product and go to market strategy through market research and competitive analysis.
- Voice of customer: Facilitate the capture of and synthesis of voice of customer insights.
- Marketing: Working with our Marketing team, guide marketing campaigns and align content and messaging with target audience, differentiated by user segment. Define A/B tests.
- Presentation preparation and development: Develop written and verbal communications to inform and align with key decision makers.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- BS or BA degree
- 3+ years’ experience: top-tier management consulting firm or start up or in a product management/product analyst role
- Strong “general athlete” able to pick up and engage on a broad range of business topics
- High degree of quantitative, analysis, creative problem-solving, and decision-making skills; critical thinker
- Self-starter and intellectually curious
- A focus on customers
- Strong communication skills and team player
- Proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to work in entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to lead and execute on multiple projects simultaneously to completion
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 300,000 members and other experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group meetings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,400 employees work from 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top