Pod Leader, Corporate Markets Technology
Pod Leader, Corporate Markets - Technology
GLG founded more than fifteen years ago, has developed a network of leading experts to provide business decision-makers with insights to drive better, more informed outcomes. Initially serving investment firms, GLG has grown to support professional services firms and corporations across every industry.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who is entrepreneurial and wants to build a business with a best-in-class management team, many of whom have worked in leading management consultancies, investment banks and operating companies.
Candidates for a Pod Leader position on the GLG Corporate Markets - Technology team in New York, NY, will be responsible for Managing a pod(s) of engagement teams towards meeting or exceeding business targets. Engagement teams support and facilitate customized research solutions based upon our Technology & Services clients’ needs, creating innovative solutions on each client assignment. In addition, you will have the opportunity to grow key client relationships and make a real commercial impact for the Technology & Services business.
The Pod Leader will also support the Business Unit (BU) leader with improving current commercial and operational best practices and develop people capabilities and skills through coaching, feedback, process confirmation, and motivation.
The Corporate teams are high-revenue growth groups with substantial market potential, and this role will be expected to set and execute a cohesive strategy to accelerate this growth by establishing, deepening and expanding relationships with new and existing client firms.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Client & Commercial Leadership
- Review and be on top of key leading and lagging indicators (i.e. yield, market share, quality, service, and commercial) for own pod and teams, and people on weekly basis (more often if needed)
- Identify business gaps, facilitate / support problem solving sessions to identify root causes and potential corrective actions
- Assess and prioritize resources focused within strategic account management
- Support teams as needed on key commercial opportunities and priorities (e.g. challenging / challenged projects)
- Coordinate people development in the pod through monthly 1x1s with Captains, close coaching, training, and daily feedback Ensure tracking levels across pod meet Corporate Markets Research splits and guidelines
- Support team hiring needs (i.e. define demand for pod, make pod level hiring / budget recommendations, perform interviews, support decision making for BU)
- Manage team calendar (i.e. vacations, training, Client travel) to ensure proper service level is guaranteed across the team
Process & Operating Effectiveness
- Ensure own pod adheres to Corporate Markets Research best practices guidelines, follow up and owns process confirmations for workflow related best practices (e.g. intake, highlights, recruiting, etc.)
- Attend and ensure team check-in / check-out are run per best practice
- Ensure pod KPIs are properly maintained with a focus on problem solving and opportunity creation across team
- Coordinate daily pod check-in, ensure priorities and load is balanced across teams, help define (override if needed) captains’ teams priorities
GLG & Corporate Markets Ambassadorship
- Support Sr. Leadership with Corporate Markets wide initiatives, communication, and priorities by contributing to brainstorming, strategy discussions, testing, implementation, and measuring effectiveness as requested
- Serve as a Corporate Markets stakeholder for broader GLG initiatives and thought partner to Sales and other BU leaders
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 7 - 10 years’ experience demonstrating best in class client service capabilities
- Deep experience working with management teams of F1000 technology corporations
- Strong interest and/or experiences in technology to include: Big data, cloud, hardware, software, cyber-security, and enterprise technology solutions.
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a team of client service professionals
- Successful track record of working in fast paced, client service environment
- Strong go-do attitude and track record of business growth / turnaround
- Passion for problem solving and continuous improvement
- Outstanding communication skills and willingness to call and engage senior professionals
- Demonstrated ability to manage sophisticated B2B relationships and ability to work effectively across teams and business units to achieve success
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,300 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top