GLG is seeking a Payroll Specialist to perform complex payroll duties for a global organization experiencing significant headcount growth. This role will perform critical activities in processing the company's domestic payroll for approximately 1,100+ US employees and international payroll for approximately 800+ employees in 14 global locations.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Input and process payroll data for US employees via ADP Workforce and for international employees via ADP Streamline
- Manage employee tax certificates and direct deposit changes in ADP Workforce (US) and Flexi Forms (International)
- Process special payroll requirements such as FMLA/STD leave compensation, sales incentive compensation, commissions, bonuses, overtime, garnishments, gross-ups, etc.
- Ensure timecards are complete and approved by employees and their supervisors
- Respond to payroll-related questions from both employees and Accounting/HR; Resolve individual payroll issues
- Audit payroll transactions (e.g. batches, employee changes, pay rate changes, taxes and transfers), and reconcile identified variances between payroll systems and HRIS
- Calculate payroll changes (new hires, terminations, retroactive adjustments, voluntary/involuntary adjustments)
- Complete manual check requests for final pays or shortage of pay and obtain necessary approvals from authorized approvers
- Research and resolve discrepancies of payroll data such as time sheets, leave time, direct deposit requirements to ensure accuracy and adherence to procedures prior to processing payroll runs
- Create ad hoc reports using ADP Reporting and Workforce query report writing
- Collaborate with HR Comp and Benefits and HR Business Partner teams on employee pay or related issues as they arise.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Associate degree or higher
- At least 2-3 years of hands-on payroll processing experience in multiple states and/or international payrolls in a high volume and fast paced environment
- Must possess knowledge of payroll taxation concepts and terminology
- A working knowledge of ADP Workforce (US) and ADP Streamline (International) is required
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize varied workload
- Commitment to protect confidential information
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be customer service oriented, as well as experience fielding payroll-related questions from employee base
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
Back to top