- Maintain the office to the highest level of professionalism, orderliness, efficiency, and cleanliness to present GLG staff and visitors with an environment upholding our corporate goals and objectives.
- Maintaining relationships with GLG Tokyo Leadership, building management and various vendors as needed.
- Provide direction and administrative support on various projects including but not limited to the management and oversight of pantries, mail and overnight courier services, cleaning and maintenance projects.
- Responsible for securing the best contracts from service providers to ensure the smooth running of the office.
- Responsible for coordinating with global HR and Helpdesk to onboard new staff.
- Generate usage reports, establish budgets, and reconcile financials including allocations if necessary including reconciliation of all invoices.
- Develop, cultivate and maintain collaborative working relationships with vendors; monitor and evaluate vendor performance.
- Manage scheduling, logistics & execution of all space including organizing events and catering
- Become a certified safety manager (防火・防災管理者) to assist the office management authority.
- Manage all supplies and supply usage in the office
- Occasional assistance with managing office wide events – helping to book venues, research on best locations, liaising with vendors for competitive pricing.
- Liaise with GLG Global Facilities on budgets and minor office renovations.
- Manage senior management’s calendar/affairs and ensure all tasks happen without delay.
- Assist with the input and management of expense reports.
- Create and file the appropriate documentation with government authorities.
The Ideal Candidate:
Across all of our positions, GLG seeks excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism. Specifically, we look for individuals who thrive in new environments and approach their work with precision and a drive to continually improve overall skill-set and performance.
- Written and verbal proficiency in English, and fluency in Japanese
- A high degree of trustworthiness
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently on projects (often without a lot of direction)
- Must be extremely efficient and resourceful
- A university degree or equivalent work experience
- Two to five years of post-undergraduate experience in an administrative type role with strong Microsoft office skills; word, excel, outlook, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, including demonstrated proficiency in oral, writing and presentation abilities in a business-focused setting using a variety of communication channels (telephone, e-mail, in-person, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Expresses a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrates the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group:
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it
Other Highlights: Salary/Benefits: Competitive base salary plus eligibility for, depending on the role, a year-end performance-based discretionary bonus with comprehensive benefits program and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.
Note: GLG does not allow employees to trade stocks or any other security that may present a conflict of interest or appearance of conflict of interest. Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. also requires that all employees sign a confidentiality and non-compete agreement with our firm. We conduct background checks on all prospective new hires.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top