New Business Manager, Growth
New Business Manager
The New Business Manager (NYC) at GLG will be deployed to acquire new, high quality clients from a defined territory of prospects. Through rigorous territory mapping, partnership with marketing and best-in-class sales process, they will focus their efforts to maximize productivity and build a strong pipeline of opportunities. This A+ player will leverage internal product specialists, teammates and existing collateral to accelerate sales cycle. They will maintain transparency through reporting and collaborate with client service and account management teams to successfully on-board new clients.
For each new customer relationship, GLG aligns a range of solutions with the learning needs of senior- and mid-level prospective users. This strategic, solutions-focused sale is highly-consultative in nature and typically leverages internal product/technical specialists to underscore the value of GLG’s integrated products and services. When successfully implemented, this process allows our clients to maximize the value of our relationship and make better investment decisions by working more effectively and productively with the support of 750,000+ Council Members.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Directly engage and build relationships with senior investment professionals (Principal, Partner, MD) and decision-makers (DOR, COO, CFO) via phone, in-person meetings and email
- Articulate and defend GLG’s premium as the market leader, using a value-based approach
- Exhibit content mastery and command of topics important to investors and their market
- Develop account plans for top named prospects and strategies for a defined territory
- Work creatively and collaboratively with internal colleagues—sales, marketing, legal, research, finance, technology—to accelerate sales cycle and close new business
- Spearhead world-class user and team on-boarding sessions with new client teams and individual users
- Effectively communicate GLG’s Mission, Vision, and Strategy
- Represent the core values that underpin GLG’s culture and brand
Key performance metrics for this role include core sales activities (i.e. pitches, pipeline, closed logos), opportunity/pipeline management (i.e. waterfall through stages), new closed revenue and speed of adoption of products/services upon closing.
Candidates for this position should have demonstrated success in a performance-based environment, preferably but not exclusively, in the financial services industry or consulting industry. A demonstrated interest in, and understanding of, the content that matters to our investor prospects is vital. Candidates should be comfortable articulating the value of GLG’s platform within the broader landscape of research and consulting services.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 5 - 8+ years of demonstrated success in one or more of the fields below:
- Financial services’ industry sales (new business preferred)
- Diligence, consulting or independent research to investment managers or private equity professionals
- Consultant at a top-tier strategy consultancy
- Investment professional or consultant working in a performance-driven environment
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who:
- Are motivated by the chase of the hunt in all things “new business”
- Are resilient, perseverant and goal-oriented
- Are strong independent players who also add value to a team via active collaboration
- Exhibit process discipline and systematic approach to pipeline development
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Back to top