New Business Manager
New Business Manager
The New Business Manager at GLG will be deployed to develop qualified prospects from a defined territory of targets, utilize best in class sales process and pipeline management, leverage internal product specialists to accelerate the sales cycle, consistently close new customer relationships and collaborate with client service and account management teams to successfully on-board new clients.
For each new customer relationship, GLG aligns a range of solutions with the learning needs of senior- and mid-level prospective users. This strategic, solutions-focused sale is highly-consultative and typically leverages internal product/technical specialists to underscore the value of GLG’s integrated products and services. When successfully implemented, this process allows our clients to maximize the value of our relationship, and make better investment decisions by working more effectively and productively with the support of GLG’s 500,000+ Council Members and specialized teams.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Directly engage and build relationships with senior professionals (Principal, Partner, MD) at financial services (i.e. hedge funds, private equity) firms
- Articulate GLG’s premium brand, offering and value proposition in differentiated manner
- Exhibit content mastery and command of topics important to investors
- Develop account plans for top named prospects and strategies for defined territories
- Work creatively and collaboratively with internal colleagues—sales, marketing, legal, research, finance, technology—to accelerate sales cycle and close new business
- Spearhead world-class user and team on-boarding sessions with new client firms
- Effectively communicate GLG’s Mission, Vision, and Strategy
- Represent the core values that underpin GLG’s culture
Key performance metrics for this role include core sales activities (i.e. outreach, meetings, new logos), opportunity/pipeline management (i.e. waterfall through stages), new closed revenue and speed of adoption of products/services upon closing. The New Business Hunter will report directly to the Head of New Business on GLG’s New York Business Development team and is expected to work closely with segment-focused Account Management teams.
Candidates for this position should have a demonstrated ability to be creative and commercial and/or have a track record of overachieving in a performance-based environment, preferably but not exclusively, in the financial services industry. A demonstrated interest in and understanding of the content that matters to our prospects is vital. Candidates should be comfortable articulating the value of GLG’s primary research platform vis-à-vis the broader landscape of professional services offerings in the marketplace (i.e. conceptual or solutions selling) across a wide range of price points.
Additional candidate qualifications include 5-8+ years of demonstrated success in one or more of these fields:
- Financial services’ industry sales (new business)
- Diligence, consulting or independent research to investment managers
- Consultant at a top-tier strategy consultancy
- Investment professional or consultant working in a performance-driven environment
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Can authoritatively leverage content in discussions with potential users
- Exhibit process discipline and systematic approach to pipeline development
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity. GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top