Recruiting Associates know how to make the right connections with the right people. They focus on identifying top professionals who can provide industry insight and knowledge to our clients, the world’s leading financial investment firms, professional services firms, and corporations, as they seek to learn more about the world around us. Recruiting Associates explain to industry professionals what it means to work with GLG and recruit them into GLG’s professional membership network, the GLG Councils. In addition, they manage the relationships with new Council Members and serve as a liaison between them and research professionals within GLG.
Recruiting Associates thrive in a fast-paced environment, multitasking between various projects. They are curious individuals who are excited about a communication-driven role. Whether it is successfully communicating GLG’s business model to a current CEO of a major company or composing a professional biography to present to a client, the Recruiting Associate role is an exciting entry-level position in a growing global firm. GLG currently has the following Recruiting Associate openings:
Recruiting Associate – North America Clients
Recruiting Associates aligned with North American clients will work closely with GLG´s Research teams servicing Corporate Markets, Hedge Funds, Private Equity Firms, Venture Capital Firms and Investment Banks.
Recruiting Associate – Asia Clients
Recruiting Associates aligned with Asia-based clients focus on identifying top professionals in North America to service clients in China, Hong Kong, Korea, Japan, Singapore, India and Australia. In this role, the Recruiting Associate will collaborate with international GLG teams and will be exposed to the research interests of clients´ respective regions. Must be flexible and willing to make phone calls in the evening to accommodate the time difference between the US and GLG Asia peers.
Recruiting Associates aligned with Corporate clients work closely with teams servicing our clients in the Industrials and Technology spaces. Responsible for sourcing, connecting and building relationships with top professionals to share expertise with clients working on product development, innovation and strategy.
Recruiting Associates in Life Sciences will be aligned with our Research team servicing our healthcare clients. The Associate will be responsible for finding and connecting with top professionals across the entire healthcare value chain.
As a Recruiting Associate, each day presents a variety of research objectives requiring critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills. You will learn to master a client relationship workflow while developing business acumen, time-management skills, professionalism, and communication skills. In our open and collaborative work space, you will communicate with colleagues across multiple GLG teams in a friendly, idea-sharing, and support-driven manner.
- Complete a fast-paced training program that leads to client/end-market alignment
- Communicate clearly and effectively the mission and business model of GLG to industry professionals and recruit Council Members into the GLG Councils
- Work collaboratively in partnership with other GLG teammates to develop a deep understanding of the client’s needs
- Gain knowledge of industry dynamics across all verticals and sectors through the use of technology tools and other creative means
- Learn GLG’s policies and procedures for protecting the integrity of all GLG engagements
The Ideal Candidate:
Across all of our positions, GLG seeks excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism. Specifically, we look for individuals who thrive in new environments and approach their work with precision and a drive to continually improve overall skill-set and performance.
For this position, we seek applicants with bachelor's or master’s degrees from top-tier colleges or universities, or equivalent work experience. The following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated commitment and attention to detail, ideally in a high-volume, fast-paced environment;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Passion for fast-paced learning, especially in a technology-enabled environment;
- 1-2 years of IT Recruiting preferred, but not required;
- Passion for recruiting, sales, and/or conversation, with a successful track record in phone sales or outreach preferred;
- Ability to work effectively independently and/or collaboratively in a team;
- Proficiency in Portuguese or Spanish is preferred, but not required;
- Undergraduate or graduate GPA of 3.3 or better.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading membership for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from more than 500,000 members and other experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group meetings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,400 employees work from offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission - and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top