Recruiting Associates know how to make the right connections with the right people. They focus on identifying top professionals who can provide industry insight and knowledge to our clients, the world’s leading financial investment firms, professional services firms, and corporations, as they seek to learn more about the world around us. Recruiting Associates explain to industry professionals what it means to work with GLG and recruit them into GLG’s professional membership network, the GLG Councils. In addition, they manage the relationships with new Council Members and serve as a liaison between them and research professionals within GLG.
Recruiting Associates thrive in a fast-paced environment, multitasking between various projects.
They will own the process of connecting with, pitching to, and closing on new expert Council Members, ranging from recruiting a needle-in-the-haystack expert in a few hours to sourcing ten plant managers or software engineers over three days.
This Recruiting Associate role is an exciting entry-level position in our Corporate team in Austin, TX. The Recruiting Associate will source, pitch and vet top professionals for our clients in the Industrials, Technology and Life Sciences spaces.
As a Recruiting Associate, each day presents a variety of research objectives requiring critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills. You will learn to master an outreach workflow while developing business acumen, time-management skills, professionalism, and communication skills. In our open and collaborative work space, you will communicate with colleagues across multiple GLG teams in a friendly, idea-sharing, and support-driven manner.
- Source professionals with the knowledge to answer GLG’s corporate client questions
- Contact by phone and pitch GLG’s mission and business model to a high volume of custom experts for GLG’s corporate client projects, using effective outreach techniques
- Meet and exceed goals and metrics on multiple high-priority recruiting projects at any given time
- Work collaboratively in partnership with other GLG teammates to develop a deep understanding of the client’s needs
- Learn GLG’s policies and procedures for protecting the integrity of all GLG engagements
The Ideal Candidate:
Across all of our positions, GLG seeks excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism. Specifically, we look for individuals who thrive in new environments and approach their work with precision and a drive to continually improve overall skill-set and performance.
The following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 0-2 years of experience
- Passion for recruiting and/or conversation, with a successful track record in phone sales or outreach preferred;
- Confidence in making at least 25 cold calls a day
- Demonstrated commitment and attention to detail, ideally in a high-volume, fast-paced environment;
- Strong problem-solving skills and hustle attitude;
- Ability to quickly digest and implement feedback;
- Proficiency in Portuguese, German, French or Chinese is a plus, but not required
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG's platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG's 600,000+ member-experts and 1,600 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Back to top