Member Service Representative
Member Service Representative knows how to build and maintain relationships. They focus on managing relationships with GLG’s Council Members: 425,000 former C-suite executives, academics, scientists, policy specialists, former public sector leaders and other top professionals. Member Service Representative interface with Council Members daily to strengthen their relationship with, and understanding of GLG.
They are responsible for responding to and resolving inquiries from GLG Council Members and internal colleagues. They contribute to team initiatives including system and process improvement efforts to strengthen the overall quality of the GLG Councils.
Member Serivce Representative thrive in a fast-paced environment, multitasking between various responsibilities. They are curious individuals who are excited about a communication-driven role and problem solving with business and investment leaders. Whether it is walking the Managing Director of a Fortune 1000 company through GLG’s project workflow and payment platform or chatting with a new Council Member about building out their profile via our online chat feature, the Member Solutions Associate role is an exciting entry-level position in a growing global firm.
As a Member Service Representative, each day will present a variety of inquiries from both Council Members and colleagues requiring critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills. You will learn to master the Council Member relationship workflow while developing business acumen, time-management skills, professionalism, negotiation and communication skills. In our open and collaborative work space, you will communicate with colleagues across multiple GLG teams in a friendly, idea-sharing, and support-driven manner.
- Complete a fast-paced training program that leads to client/end-market and industry alignment
- Interact with GLG Council Members and address their inquiries, via email, telephone, and live chat regarding their consulting relationship with GLG, including issues relating to payment and technology tools
- Partner with other GLG teammates to develop a deep understanding of client/end market strategy and offer support to alignment teams
- Develop knowledge of industry dynamics across all verticals and sectors through the use of technology tools and other creative means
- Collaborate with GLG’s compliance team to protect the integrity of all GLG engagements and to ensure that Council Member profiles are complete and up-to-date
The Ideal Candidate:
Across all of our positions, GLG seeks excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism. Specifically, we look for individuals who thrive in new environments and approach their work with precision and a drive to continually improve overall skill-set and performance.
For this position, we seek applicants with bachelor's or master’s degrees from top-tier colleges or universities, or equivalent work experience. The following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- Written and verbal proficiency in English, and fluency in Japanese
- Strong written and verbal communication skills using a variety of communication channels (telephone, e-mail, in-person, etc.)
- Experience in relationship management with a high volume of daily interactions
- Demonstrated commitment and attention to detail, ideally in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passion for fast-paced learning, especially in a technology-enabled environment
- Passion for high level customer service with a successful track record in working in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively independently and/or collaboratively in a team
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 425,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,000 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it
Other Highlights: Salary/Benefits: Competitive base salary plus eligibility for, depending on the role, a year-end performance-based discretionary bonus with comprehensive benefits program and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade stocks or any other security that may present a conflict of interest or appearance of conflict of interest. Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. also requires that all employees sign a confidentiality and non-compete agreement with our firm. We conduct background checks on all prospective new hires.
Back to top