Manager, Strategic Projects - Life Sciences
Manager, Strategic Projects, Life Sciences
About GLG Strategic Projects:
GLG is well positioned to offer a valuable alternative to traditional consulting services, leveraging the world’s leading platform for professional learning and expertise. GLG Strategic Projects delivers a comprehensive consulting solution for complex business challenges by combining the management skills of top-tier independent consultants with the insights of leading industry experts, run by an internal team of former consultants. This unique partnership provides clients with thoughtful, practical and streamlined projects.
GLG is looking for an experiences professional for the role of Manager, Strategic Projects, Life Sciences. The Manager role on our team is intended to be a dedicated internal and external thought-partner for clients and our internal business development teams.
It is an exciting opportunity to accelerate your career in management consulting in Life Sciences. It offers you a chance to:
- Build on your commercial and consulting skills, including business development, P&L ownership and project management with guidance and coaching from former top-tier management consultants and industry executives (e.g., SVP and C-level executives)
- Grow your commercial capabilities through pitching Strategic Projects and developing client relationships
- Widen your knowledge base and client relationships across Life Science and Healthcare clients across many verticals and geographies
- Enjoy a great deal of autonomy to own and drive projects forward, and as the role progresses to own delivery of larger projects and execution
- Build your entrepreneurial skillset working with the team to innovate on GLG SP products, and build our talent and growth strategy
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Work closely with clients to scope and structure their most-pressing business needs
- Leverage our talent of independent consultants and experts to build thoughtful and practical proposals
- Work with all stakeholders (internal, external independent consultants and clients) to ensure success on all projects
- Build trusted-advisor relationships with client
- Lead internal and external Strategic Projects initiatives, and contribute to growing GLG SP
- The role is located in New York City, New York. Travel expectation is up to 20%.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 3+ years at a Life Sciences focused consulting firm, specifically with private equity due diligence and/or M&A consulting experience
- Strong project management and consulting skills and attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Academic major in life sciences field and/or pre-medical background with proven record of academic success
- Experience in a corporate or investment institution operating environment a plus
- High-level of emotional intelligence, integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Entrepreneurial mind-set
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 400,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,200 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Back to top