Manager - Strategic Projects
Manager/ Sr. Manager, Strategic Projects – London
GLG Strategic Projects offers a disruptive alternative to traditional management consulting. Over the past 2 years, this fast growing business led by former top tier consultants (McKinsey, BCG, Booz…) has been serving many GLG clients (large corporations and investment firms) across North America. We are looking for an experienced management consultant to help launch and grow this business in London.
Today, business leaders, investors, and entrepreneurs increasingly demand differentiated support and innovative insights. GLG Strategic Projects offers a disruptive alternative to traditional consultingy building flexible, tailored, and timely solutions for clients, leveraging the world’s leading platform for professional learning and expertise.
GLG Strategic Projects helps investors, business leaders and entrepreneurs solve some of their most complex business challenges by combining the problem-solving and management skills of top-tier independent consultants and the real-life experience of leading industry experts. Projects are managed and run by GLG’s internal team of former top-tier consultants. This unique partnership approach provides streamlined, customized, and cost-effective project support.
The Financial Services (FS) Strategic Projects team works with financial institutions and supports these firms throughout their entire investment lifecycle (from early stage diligence all the way through value creation for their portfolio companies). The FS Strategic Projects team is looking for a driven professional with significant experience working at a top-tier management consulting firm to help launch and grow the business in EMEA.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it/sp
The role offers broad exposure to strategy development and implementation in a highly entrepreneurial environment.
- Our internal team of former consultants plays a dual role:
- Support all aspects of Strategic Projects’ deal development and closing, manage projects from start to finish and work hand-in-hand with each engagement team and client to ensure top quality level of service and deliverables (i.e., similar to a principal role in a consulting firm)
- Lead internal and external Strategic Projects business development initiatives, and contribute to growing GLG SP to a $50M+ business
- The Manager/Sr. Manager role offers exposure to a broad range of functional responsibilities, including product development, capital allocation, sales, marketing, and operations.
- The role also provides regular exposure to the full GLG senior management team and broader organization, and unlimited opportunities to build strong relationships with our clients.
- The Manager/ Sr. Manager will be responsible for coaching and mentoring more junior colleagues.
Required Skills and Experience
- 2-3+ years at a management consulting firm
- Strong project management skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Solid computer skills, i.e., Microsoft Office
- Strong interest in leading negotiations and closing deals
- Entrepreneurial zeal
- Team player
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,200 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it. #LI/JS1
Back to top