Manager, Strategic Projects
Manager, Strategic Projects – London
GLG Strategic Projects helps pharma and biotech business leaders solve some of their most complex business challenges by combining the problem-solving and management skills of top-tier independent consultants and the real-life experience of leading industry experts. Projects are managed and run by GLG’s internal team of former top-tier consultants. This unique partnership approach provides streamlined, customized, and cost-effective project support.
The Life Sciences (LS) Strategic Projects team works with pharmaceuticals and biotechs and supports these companies throughout their entire value chain (from early development to LOE). The LS Strategic Projects team is looking for a driven professional with significant experience working at a top-tier management consulting firm to help launch and grow the business in EMEA.
The role offers broad exposure to strategy development and implementation in a highly entrepreneurial environment.
- Our internal team of former consultants plays a dual role:
- Support all aspects of Strategic Projects’ deal development and closing, manage projects from start to finish and work hand-in-hand with each engagement team and client to ensure top quality level of service and deliverables (i.e., similar to a principal role in a consulting firm)
- Lead internal and external Strategic Projects business development initiatives, and contribute to growing GLG SP to a $50M+ business
- The Manager role offers exposure to a broad range of functional responsibilities, including product development, capital allocation, sales, marketing, and operations.
- The role also provides regular exposure to the full GLG senior management team and broader organization, and unlimited opportunities to build strong relationships with our clients.
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years at a management consulting firm in the life sciences sector
- Strong project management skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Solid computer skills, i.e., Power Point and Excel
- Strong interest in leading negotiations and closing deals
- Entrepreneurial zeal
- Team player
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Demonstrated business development/ commercial skills
- Critical thinking/ problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to connect the dots
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading membership for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from more than 500,000 members and other experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group meetings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,400 employees work from offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission - and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top