Junior Business Development Associate
GLG is transforming the way the world’s top professionals share expertise and learn. Global, technology-enabled, and nimble, GLG curates custom learning opportunities among professionals and major thought leaders across fields. GLG supports knowledge exchange through conversations, small group meetings, mentorships, expert surveys, and more.
The Junior Business Development Associate role on our North American Financial Services team will be responsible for growing relationships with clients. They will be responsible for identifying new, potential GLG users within named accounts, regularly presenting GLG’s platform to junior level clients over the phone and email, using GLG’s CRM to track and map client accounts, and work in collaboration with teammates to drive adoption of GLG’s platform.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Support financial services client base and new business activities
- Collaborate with senior business development executives to retain and grow existing client relationships
- Target junior level contacts to increase awareness of GLG, engage them to share business issues and key projects, deliver GLG solutions to meet needs and add value to their business process
- For this Boston based position there will also be a component of essential office management duties and excellence in sales business operations and reporting required
Goals and expectations:
- Tight coordination with account management team leads and research team
- Help execute relevant parts of account planning process
- Increase total project volume
- Improve penetration rate for active users
- Increase unique active users
- Assist in prospecting into new buying centers
- Support renewal process to increase retention rates
- Help drive attendance to GLG events
- Hyper detail orientation around client facing statements and sales reporting requests
- Can-do attitude for essential office and team responsibilities
Key performance metrics for the Junior Business Development Associate include establishing relationships with new contacts at client firms, client revenue growth, increase in users of GLG’s services at client firms, and adoption of new products and systems. Detail orientation around client reporting is also paramount. Candidates should be comfortable articulating the value of our network, professional services and client-facing software systems to clients.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
Candidates must have a clear track record of excellence in several categories, including: teamwork, professionalism, communications, organization and client service. Candidates should also possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required in addition to 1-3 years of professional experience (includes internships)
- The ability to build strong and lasting relationships with junior investment professionals at client firms
- Ability to work well independently and be self-motivated
- A strong passion for persuasion, especially around complicated and intellectually challenging issues
- Superior verbal communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to read and understand people
- Thoughtful and detail oriented approach to externally facing documents and statements through proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Systematic in their approach, willing to learn and understand and implement new processes
- Working basic knowledge of financial markets and client types is encouraged but not mandatory, willingness to learn is
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,300 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top