Intern, Legal Department
GLG seeks an independent and motivated first or second year law student interested in gaining the practical experience in and exposure to the day-to-day operations of an international in-house legal department, with exposure to contracting issues and possible work on legal topics such as employment, real estate, intellectual property, litigation, securities and general corporate matters. The position will provide the opportunity to do discrete legal research projects and will entail a significant amount of time reviewing, drafting, and organizing legal documents. Additionally, the Legal Intern will work with the legal and compliance team in implementing the industry-leading GLG Compliance Framework. Other responsibilities will be added as department needs and priorities shift.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Reviewing, drafting and organizing legal documents
- Conducting research regarding various legal topics
- Working closely with GLG’s legal and compliance personnel to support GLG’s business operations
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Strong legal research and writing skills. Familiarity with Internet research of secondary sources.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize are skills that are essential to this role. Legal Interns must be extremely organized, very detail-oriented, and highly professional in all written and oral communications.
- All interns at GLG should have extensive writing experience.
- We expect interns to pursue and handle increasing responsibility. They should be able to demonstrate a history of extracurricular or academic interests that will help us identify these and all of the aforementioned qualities.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,300 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top