Overview of the role:
GLG’s Research Internship Role is an exciting opportunity for university students looking to pursue a career in research, consulting, or the financial services sector. The internship is structured to develop your communication and teamwork skills, and broaden your industry knowledge while working in a fast-growing global firm. You will support the GLG Beijing Research team on projects by conducting industry research, reaching out to thought leaders and key executives across various industry verticals, and working closely with client facing staff to identify how to best fulfil clients’ needs. You will also have the opportunity to take ownership of strategic initiatives aimed to streamline business processes.
- Support the GLG Beijing Research team with efficiency, responsibility and ownership of key projects for institutional clients.
- Conduct industry research and reach out to professionals and experts best suited to participate in each project through telephone, emails and other channels;
- Grow the GLG Councils by recruiting key opinion leaders utilizing a strategic/tactical methodology, using recruiting campaigns, leveraging industry and professional lists, trade and business associations, referrals and other relationships;
- Interview prospective industry leaders as needed and capture critical data in GLG’s extensive profile management systems;
- Consult with client-facing Research Managers to gauge clients’ needs and fulfill time-sensitive research requests for GLG clients by analyzing client inquiries and identifying and qualifying primary populations;
- Understand clients’ research workflows and objectives, and thereby support client-facing Research team in growing GLG client relationships by utilization of best practices when dealing with prospective and current industry experts;
- Work with Research team in identifying the most suitable experts for each project, through thorough examination of experts’ knowledge and eligibility;
- Develop a working knowledge of GLG's core industry coverage and compliance framework to improve project and service quality. Develop awareness of broader industry trends/dynamics relevant to expert recruitment and client servicing;
- Taking charge of key initiatives to build out business capabilities.
- Other research tasks based on team requirements.
- Native Mandarin or Fluent English speaker with excellent communication skills required, other languages a plus.
- Current third-year student at a top-tier local Beijing university, preferably pursuing a degree in finance, business, or economics.
- Resourceful, driven individual with a passion for finance and professional services industry.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience in relevant research industry, marketing research, recruiting or consulting will be a plus.
- Interest in helping to build a technology-driven business that is looking to help shape the new economy.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors.
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same.
- Express a strong desire to work in a team.
- Respond quickly and effectively to management direction, clients’ requests and other team members’ needs.
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top