Independent Consultant, Projects, Operations
Independent Consultant, Strategic Projects
Strategic Projects delivers personalized strategic insights by partnering with talent from top tier management consulting firms. We curate high performing and lean project teams, while providing oversight, support, and resources to address needs of top global clients. As an independent consultant you will be responsible for executing research and strategy projects for GLG’s global clients.
- The consultant will receive support from an internal team of experienced consultants that facilitate GLG’s resources including: phone consultations with experts from our 500,000+ council member network, surveys, deck design, and more
- The Strategic Projects team handles all aspects of business development including: project scoping, proposal development, staffing, and contracts
- This role is a fit for talented consultants that seek flexible lifestyle as you will have full discretion to accept and decline projects based on availability and interest
- Our staffing model provides the optimal level of responsibilities on a project. We are currently seeking project associates and project managers
Candidates MUST have:
- Either: a minimum of 2-7 years of strategy or management consulting experience with one of the following (or similar) firms within the last 10 years: McKinsey & Company, Bain & Company, The Boston Consulting Group, Booz & Company, PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers) LLP (Consulting Practice), Oliver Wyman, Deloitte Consulting LLP, The Parthenon Group, A.T. Kearney, Accenture, Analysis Group, Inc., L.E.K. Consulting
- Or: A minimum of 2 years work experience in a data analytics role within the last 5 years.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Undergraduate degree from tier 1 university, MBA preferred
- Associates: 3+ years management consulting experience from a top tier firm
- Project Leads: 3-5+ years management consulting experience from a top tier firm
- Experience leading high visibility consulting engagements and communicating insights with senior clients
- Currently an independent consultant, yet informed about industry trends and challenges of leading corporations
- Functional experience in at least one of the following: primary/market research, strategy, due diligence, market assessments and/or sizing, competitive landscaping
- Keen creative, analytical and interpersonal senses to get to the root of client questions
- Skilled in story-telling, deck development in PowerPoint, and client presentations
- Proficient in combining a leading edge consulting toolkit with deep industry knowledge of your own and/or leveraging industry experts
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
To learn more, visit https://glg.it/strategic-projects/council-members/www.GLG.it.
Back to top