HR Systems Specialist - Workday
HR Systems Specialist
The GLG People Team is seeking a collaborative and highly motivated HR systems specialist to join it’s growing HR Technology team. The HR Technology team owns the configuration, support and advancement of our internal HR systems, and plays a vital role in the day-to-day operations of the Global People Team. This role will focus primarily on the configuration and support of the Workday Human Capital Management system and will also present the opportunity to learn and work with other systems and technologies that are part of GLG’s technology ecosystem.
The HR Technology team is expanding as part of wide-ranging systems and operations transformation initiative. As such, you will work closely with the Senior Manager, HR Technology and Senior Director, People Operations, to define and deliver on a systems roadmap focused on driving operational efficiency, improving user experience and maximizing the value of our technology investment.
As a member of the HR Technology team you will partner closely with all areas of the People Team and across other internal functions (Finance, IT etc) to ensure that our systems configuration meets requirements, is working efficiently, and is compliant with laws and company policy. As such you will:
- Design new, and modify existing configurations, customizations or interfaces to meet business requirements.
- Partner with stakeholders to review existing business process design; recommend and implement improvements through design, configuration, testing and launch.
- Build project plans, ensure adherence to project schedules and work effectively with peers to set technology priorities and develop the systems roadmap.
- Be accountable for technical deliverables including technical design specifications, diagrams, workflows, and documentation of all configuration changes.
- Administer Workday integrations using Workday Studio, EIB, Workday Report Writer, Workday calculated fields, Web services.
- Perform system maintenance, including assisting in the review, testing and implementation of Workday system upgrades, testing or patches.
- Collaborate with functional and technical staff to coordinate the application of upgrades or fixes.
- Provide production support, including:
- Responding to escalated support queries
- Configuration of annual processes
- Researching and resolving Workday unexpected results or process flaws
- Recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Assist in the development of standard reports and dashboards for ongoing business needs.
- Help maintain data integrity in systems by running regular audits and analyzing data.
- Support other HR systems with troubleshooting, reporting and maintenance as needed.
- Provide training for end users to support the roll-out of enhancements and new features.
As a HR Systems Specialist at GLG, we need you to:
- be detail-oriented and accuracy focused, with a technical, problem-solving mindset
- possess strong quantitative, analytical skills
- work effectively in a fast-paced, innovative and open environment
- be flexible and adapt quickly to changes
- be hands-on and willing to get involved in a range of projects and initiatives
- manage your time effectively and take an organized approach to work
- collaborate with others and establish effective working relationships across the company
- be comfortable working in a global setting across multiple timezones
- work effectively alone or as part of a project team
- provide and maintain high standards of customer service
- be able to think on your feet and use judgment to advise and guide others
- be sensitive to the need for discretion and to maintain confidentiality
Working as part of the People Team at GLG will give you the opportunity to:
- play an active role in shaping the future of people operations at GLG
- build relationships with a global team of HR professionals
- work closely with colleagues across functional areas, from Talent Acquisition and Business Partnering in the People Team, to Finance, IT and Communications.
- develop your technical proficiency in Workday and learn new systems and tools.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Human Resources or related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years’ experience configuring the Workday HCM platform
- Previous experience configuring one or more of the following Workday modules: Benefits, Absence, Advanced Compensation, Performance, Talent & Succession
- Experience managing small or large-scale systems projects, including defining and managing deliverables, setting schedules, issue escalation and resolution, communications and change management.
The following areas of experience would be advantageous:
- One or more of the following technologies: Workday Studio, Workday Core Connectors, EIB/DTS, Workday Report Writer, SOAP requests, Web Services
- Configuring and administering the Greenhouse Applicant Tracking System
- Involvement in one or more end-to-end systems implementation project(s)
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Daniel A.Senior Content Manager, Financial & Business Services
Daniel curates content for financial service professionals interested in payments, insurance, and cryptocurrency.
Back to top