The Host at GLG Austin will be responsible for growing relationships with guests, job candidates, as well as internal and external clients. They will be responsible for representing GLG as a brand ambassador in our reception area.
- Greeting guests, clients, and candidates at the front desk by creating a welcoming and accommodating atmosphere. Making guests comfortable, and finding the appropriate GLG employee to deliver guests in a timely manner.
- Answering the GLG main phone line and directing telephone traffic to the appropriate employee in a timely fashion. Serves as back up for NYC Hosts when volume dictates.
- Maintaining the conference room calendars for booking events and meetings.
- Providing catering ordering and set up assistance for GLG Austin.
- Maintain security of the office by issuing new hire badges, and by notifying the building through the proper protocol through administrative procedures
- Managing incoming and outgoing packages, creating shipping labels, and distributing mail as appropriate.
- Ordering of supplies including office, and facilities inventory.
- Assist with employee parking administrative forms, including submitting paperwork to payroll and tracking to ensure accuracy.
- Submit invoices and receipts into the accounting system for approval.
- Assist HR with the onboarding of all new hires.
- Keeping the host, break, mail, and storage areas clean and well organized.
- Assist with stocking the break room and making coffee throughout the day.
- Respond to Facilities inquiries, and forward to the Facilities Manager, for appropriate action.
- Administrative and other duties or tasks as determined by the Facilities Manager or Director of Global Facilities.
Candidates must have a clear track record of excellence in several categories, including: teamwork, professionalism, communications, organization and client service. Candidates should also possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3 years of Administrative / Clerical experience
- Dependability and punctuality
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed and/or some weekends
- The ability to handle all interactions with a high level of professionalism
- Ability to work well independently and be self-motivated
- Superior communication skills
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group:
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 425,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,000 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Salary/Benefits: Competitive base salary plus eligibility for, depending on the role, a year-end performance-based discretionary bonus with comprehensive benefits program and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade stocks or any other security that may present a conflict of interest or appearance of conflict of interest. Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. also requires that all employees sign a confidentiality and non-compete agreement with our firm. We conduct background checks on all prospective new hires.
GLG is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top