Healthcare Research Associate
Research teams are the engine of GLG. Our research professionals work closely with leaders at the world’s top professional services firms on critical decisions they make every day. We work in teams across industries, becoming the experts on our experts, helping our clients find the insight they need from leading industry professionals – CxOs, doctors, scientists, executives and other professionals with years of on-the-ground experience. We propose creative learning solutions – from phone consultations and one-on-one meetings to surveys, reports, site visits, etc.
We offer training sessions to teach valuable skills, explore additional topics and indulge curiosity. Our fun, team-focused environment includes community volunteer programmes, monthly celebrations, and various team-building activities.
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across the company, we look for individuals who embody GLG’s values: learning and curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
Research Associates joining our team focus on the healthcare segment and have an exciting opportunity to build a network of industry experts, gain best-in-class experience in servicing professional services clients, build relationships and develop a working knowledge across the full breadth of Healthcare projects that we work on with our clients.
Associates make an immediate impact, shaping the way GLG’s clients learn and make key strategic decisions by working with opinion leaders and senior-level industry executives.
As a Healthcare Research Associate, you will work with clients across Europe in a collaborative team environment, with the following focus:
- Recruit industry thought leaders: Efficiently research different populations of thought leaders on an array of healthcare topics, contacting them about consulting projects and events and developing a working relationship with these people to build our network of industry experts
- Best-in-class client servicing: Work collaboratively to develop knowledge of client relationships. Communicate with clients to assess and scope their research needs. Understand and utilize a broad range of products to creatively engage and support clients. Grow relationships with clients and thought leaders to provide top-level service
- Project excellence: Develop strong actionable business skills – including time management, prioritization, professional conduct, communication, negotiation, and project management
- Knowledge of the Healthcare Landscape: Develop a working knowledge across segments in the healthcare space, including; pharmaceuticals, med-tech, healthcare provision and services, market access, pricing & reimbursement,
- GLG products and services: Execute on a range of client projects, from phone interactions, roundtable events, surveys, written reports and research trips.
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds.
- For this position, we seek applicants with a minimum 2:1 (or equivalent) Bachelor’s degree, or above, in a biological, clinical, life sciences or health economics or policy subject, or equivalent work experience. The following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- 1 year post-university work experience in a related field
- Interest in the knowledge industry and a need to learn more about the constantly changing world of healthcare services and provision
- Passion for client service, preferably with experience in phone-based professional communication
- Strong desire to work in a collaborative environment
- Fluency in at least one European language is an advantage
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility and autonomy over time
- Strong problem-solving skills and desire to learn about new topics
- Passion for fast-paced learning in a technology-enabled environment
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,300 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade stocks or any other security that may present a conflict of interest or appearance of conflict of interest. GLG also requires that all employees sign a confidentiality and non-compete agreement with our firm. We conduct background checks on all prospective new hires.
GLG is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top