Healthcare Content Associate, North America Financial Services
Content Associate, Healthcare
At a high level, this position holds responsibility for supporting the Senior Content Managers in managing a robust meetings series and collaborating with the Healthcare Research team to assist in developing a strategy around this offering, directed at our North American financial services client base. More specifically, there are three areas in which the Content Associate will have responsibilities and is evaluated: Content Navigation, Revenue Promotion, and Membership Management. Each aspect is critical to success at GLG where overall performance encompasses excellence in each area.
Our service is organized and monetized by industry area. Our Americas Healthcare (HC) Practice is our largest and most dynamic growth platform, covering the entire healthcare and life sciences industries including drugs and devices, healthcare services, and the regulatory issues impacting the healthcare industry. GLG is the world’s leading platform for professional learning. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions with Healthcare professionals. This leadership position has enabled us to build important relationships and partnerships throughout the sector with independent physicians, hospital and reimbursement professionals, and enterprises that focus on healthcare research and communities.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Collaborate with Senior Content Manager to execute on content strategy
- Assist in ensuring smooth operation of a monthly roster of conferences, virtual and special meetings
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge of current trends affecting the HC sectors and generate event topic ideas
- Collaborate with other Practice Areas on content development and delivery to address broader investment themes
- Develop relationships with North American Financial Services clients to drive appropriate content creation and delivery innovation
- Coordinate with business development and research to support client engagement through events product
- Develop thoughtful marketing content to engage prospective and existing clients in collaboration with Senior Content Manager and the HC Practice Area Leader
- Generate leads and recruit new healthcare professionals for speaking engagements
- Understand potential and real compliance issues impacting HC Councils
- Exhibit ‘ownership’ of HC experts (e.g. form lasting relationships with senior Council Members, assist in maintenance of profile accuracy)
- Thoughtfully promote top HC experts, both internally and externally
An ideal candidate will have the following:
Research professionals at GLG are expected to execute against the tasks delineated in each area above by exercising excellent communication, good judgment, effective collaboration, and business ownership, and by adhering to GLG’s internal compliance policies and procedures.
For this specific position, the following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- Masters or higher degree (Phd/MD) in a hard science/life science from a top-tier university (or equivalent work experience) preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in journalism, consulting, advertising, marketing, research/writing; or 2-5 years experience in a combination of (a) journalism training and/or experience along with (b) other relevant financial or HC Practice Area experience including a practicing physician.
- Significant exposure to one or more fields in the Healthcare Practice Area, plus significant ongoing curiosity about trends and personalities in the sector
- Demonstrated performance and business judgment in some or all of the following areas:
- Leadership and results without line authority
- Relationship Development (sales/account management), or networking with high-end professionals
- Business development, corporate development, product development, or product management
- Understanding of the asset management / investment industry and process
- Ability to engage with senior business leaders on both content and strategy
- Superior communication skills, including oral, written, and presentation abilities, including demonstrated expertise in the creation and delivery of high quality content intended for professional audiences
- Ability to engage and inspire a team of service professionals
- Understanding of traits and/or proven ability to work as part of a high performing team
- Demonstrated commitment and attention to detail, ideally in a high-volume, fast-paced environment;
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,300 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top